Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

How do you shoot dove?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you shoot dove?

What's your technique?

I just blast into the sky and have fun almost never hitting anything. Mostly because I may only get 3 birds fly over in 1.5 hours so I get excited

But starting to think I may want to try and actually hit a flying bird or two.

So what are the secrets?

years ago got into a trap @ skeets club was fun and help me a lot. can hit what i see now.

Comment

Lead them..then lead them further.

Comment

Match your barrel speed with the bird speed. When the lead feels right pull the trigger. If you miss change your lead on the next one.

Comment

Instinctively shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
            years ago got into a trap @ skeets club was fun and help me a lot. can hit what i see now.
            X2 on some (not all) of the skeet stations during the month of August. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
              Lead them..then lead them further.
              This man knows. When most people miss, they are shooting behind the bird. If you are in a slump, try to miss intentionally in front of the bird. I've seen it help many people get back on track over the years.

Comment

Let them land, then they are easy to hit

Comment

I’m a fan of when they hover over the mojo or land in a tree. My % goes way up then. [emoji6].

As others said, if you are in a slump, try to miss them in front of them, you’ll surprise yourself b.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Shoot way further out in front than you think you should

Comment

I shoot much better standing than sitting. I like to back up into a mesquite tree and stand perfectly still then mount the gun at the last second. Trying to follow the bird with your muzzle from a long way off is asking for a flaring bird and a miss. I take it more seriously than most would find reasonable. I hate to miss

Comment

Stand up to shoot. Pick out ONE bird. Don't just shoot into a group. Both eyes open.

Comment

Right in the lips..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take a week off and then quit.

Comment

Beer… lots of beer. I get better by the hour!

Comment

Working...
                              X