Removing a member from a deer lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    When I was younger I had a short temper and took hunting way too seriously. I almost loss great friends over stupid stuff

So I've been the problem child. I've also been the lease manager. So I've got both perspectives.

Talk to him man to man so the behavior doesn't continue.

Then tell him to hit the road.
    I’m with Chew. Heart to heart ASAP and tell him he’s on thin ice that could end his season early.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Around here.....The most common reason for a member being removed is killing the biggest deer on the lease two years in a row. I dont know how your agreement reads but most have a disclaimer that members can vecremoved at the managers discretion.
      Hmm, maybe that's why I never get kicked off a lease. And here I was thinking I was just a likeable guy[emoji849]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by rolylane6; 09-11-2021, 08:09 PM.

Comment

I would not go into a season with someone I knew I was going to kick off after the season was over, but if you are doing that I would not tell them they were kicked off until after season was over. Way too much chance for more drama when there is “nothing left to lose”.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
          Do you have a written agreement with rules? Has he violated rules?
          Or it's just a personality conflict?
          Either way, not easy, but if there are violations of an agreement you have a better leg to stand on.
          He doesn’t need a leg to stand on if he’s just not renewing. If he’s kicking off mid lease year then yes. Sounds like he’s just not renewing.

Comment

Maybe just have a talk with him as a warning and explain what he needs the do to remain. If he doesn’t change, boot him. But at least you gave him warning and no surprises.

Comment

Originally posted by Humper View Post
              Maybe just have a talk with him as a warning and explain what he needs the do to remain. If he doesn’t change, boot him. But at least you gave him warning and no surprises.
              Leopards never change their spots. Either put up with the drama or man up and get rid of it.

Comment

Forget about he’s your friend.

You may fall into guilt by association and somehow get the boot too if protecting him on the lease.

Comment

Why would anybody want to be on a lease where they're not wanted? Maybe he'll remove himself.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I feel a lost lease thread coming on

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                      Honestly there’s a lot too this. We’re friends, but he doesn’t really listen. Once we had broken water lines and he and some guests stayed at the camp for several days with them leaking, knowing they were leaking, and didn’t fix them. They ride around all hours of the night drinking beer. We allow hog hunting with dogs RARELY and only with landowner approval before we do it. Last year they did it without telling anyone. If there’s ever a disagreement or argument between members, he’s at the center. I know this sounds weird but he’s really a good guy…its like he just doesn’t get it and talking to him just starts an argument. There’s already been some whining and season hasn’t even started. I just don’t think I’m gonna deal with it again next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      As far as the friendship goes he's done YOU wrong. If he sees it the other way around he's not that good of a friend.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Txt him a link to this thread

Comment

Working...
                        X