• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool.....a thread I havent seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Cool.....a thread I havent seen before.

Actually have the Rectec (before the "q") RT-700 Bull, on the competition cart with the smoke box and it is AWESOME! I can do everything from smoking butter and cheese at 180, to cranking it up to 225 for three pork shoulders and two serious briskets- at the same time. Lots of real estate on that sucker.

Personally, I'm not sold on it's ability to sear meat (burgers or steaks), and I have the searing grates, but I honestly don't think there's a pellet smoker replacement for a good old fashioned gas (or charcoal) grill for searing steaks or burgers.

I do like to throw some ribeyes on the rectec for about 90 mins at the lowest super smoke setting before finishing with a nice sear on a hot gas Weber.

Controlling/monitoring my cook from work through the wifi is righteous too.

YMMV, but I don't think you can do better than the Rectec(q).

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post

Actually have the Rectec (before the "q") RT-700 Bull, on the competition cart with the smoke box and it is AWESOME! I can do everything from smoking butter and cheese at 180, to cranking it up to 225 for three pork shoulders and two serious briskets- at the same time. Lots of real estate on that sucker.

Personally, I'm not sold on it's ability to sear meat (burgers or steaks), and I have the searing grates, but I honestly don't think there's a pellet smoker replacement for a good old fashioned gas (or charcoal) grill for searing steaks or burgers.

I do like to throw some ribeyes on the rectec for about 90 mins at the lowest super smoke setting before finishing with a nice sear on a hot gas Weber.

Controlling/monitoring my cook from work through the wifi is righteous too.

YMMV, but I don't think you can do better than the Rectec(q).
        We haven’t been a fan of the reverse sear, but I haven’t tried it the way you mentioned.
        However, cooking them fast (>530°) on the grill grates have been awesome.

Comment

tagged

Comment

My traeger has been smoking strong for over 3 years now. If I were to buy another I’d go with a lone star grillz pellet smoker. Family owned and operated around the Conroe area and can ship anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy1123 View Post
              My traeger has been smoking strong for over 3 years now. If I were to buy another I’d go with a lone star grillz pellet smoker. Family owned and operated around the Conroe area and can ship anywhere.
              I looked hard into the Lone Star for a Santa Maria style set up and had to just stop due to price, and then I found out the lead time. I was at over $2K for an open box charcoal style cooker. What you see is a base price and everything you need is an add on at extra cost. No doubt they are well built but they are pricey, more that P&S which is very well established in the market. Then I got hit with 90-120 days build time,,,,,

Comment

Working...
              X