No announcement yet.

First time paying to dove hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never paid for a place to shoot dove. Luckily I have friends who farm land about 10 mins from my home. I have been to a leased field with sunflower before to shoot but the owners owed my cousin a favor so we got to shoot the 2nd week for free. We all shot our limits within 30 minutes wasn’t even fair or fun. I honestly rather relax and shoot a limit within a few hours and BS with my friends and family.

Comment

Last year I just wanted to go on a nice hunt with my kids. I paid $600 for 4 birds in Elcampo. Birds flew down the blacktop roads and never flew into the fields.

Comment

Originally posted by MAP View Post
        Really??
        Yeah they get pretty serious out here when sea world is down the road

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
          My last outfitted hunt was a disaster!
          About 100 hunters in a 300 acre field, but completely surrounded by subdivision ,so everyone was put in a line in the middle of the field so no one could shoot over a boundary
          Tons of birds, lots of shooting, we knocked out a limit quickly and drove back to the house/ meeting spot.
          Then the trouble started, about 50-75 cops and game warden swarm the place, confiscate the guns , birds, shells. Some lady claimed someone was shooting buckshot and hit her house and swimming pool
          After much argument with police and game wardens where they checked our shells and shell bags, they kept our birds, the land owner locked himself in his house after showing his land permit, we wanted our $$ back , settled on getting our guns back and lessons learned
          Lesson learned was never hunt near a subdivision,
          Never trust a outfitters
          When did the CIA and FBI arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
            When did the CIA and FBI arrive?
            Heck I was surprised the ATF did show : Sapd was bad Enough

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              Mine as well say who the outfitter was
              I refuse to bash anybody business as I am a business owner myself. My only point of a post was to be sure any ask questions if you care at all how the hunt is going to be because this one was dirt and being around bird hunting my entire life and see what I saw a blind man could have told you this field was going to be garbage.

Comment

Working...
              X