Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2021 College Football -Week 2

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Arky in Arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
      No Arky in Arkansas.

Edited. For this week, you deserve it! Congrats again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I watched Jimbo’s press conference from last night this morning. Coach speak maybe, but he gave a lot of credit to Colorado for their play and their scheme as to why we didn’t run more. He also said that Calzada has all the skills and all the mental aspects to make all the throws and reads. Jimbo took a lot of blame and said he didn’t do a very good job on play calling and he needed to be better. Again, could just be coach speak. I have serious trepidation about Calzada going forward, but he’s got two weeks of practice and a tune up game before we play the hogs. Hopefully we see some accelerated growth.

That was an ugly win, but a win none the less. I said it last night. If you want to get to where we want to be, you got to win them all. A win is a win. I was extremely encouraged by the grit and toughness of this team. They never gave up and always believed they were in the game. If this had been a Sumlin team, we would have lost by 40.

I hate rankings. Especially preseason. That stuff all shakes out after 4-5 weeks of the season, but they exist for talking points and ratings on TV, so I guess we can continue to argue about the “worthiness” of the Aggies in the top 5 until we shut that up or lose the ability to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
          I gotta admit….after the beat down by hog….some of that Twitter stuff about horns joining the SEC was some classic stuff though
          After that poor performance it was deserved. I was having Charlie strong flashbacks with that game. Terrible performance by the Horns and good showing from arky and their fans.

Aggy game was ugly but won. But ol ugly is better than ol nothing. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
            I watched Jimbo’s press conference from last night this morning. Coach speak maybe, but he gave a lot of credit to Colorado for their play and their scheme as to why we didn’t run more. He also said that Calzada has all the skills and all the mental aspects to make all the throws and reads. Jimbo took a lot of blame and said he didn’t do a very good job on play calling and he needed to be better. Again, could just be coach speak. I have serious trepidation about Calzada going forward, but he’s got two weeks of practice and a tune up game before we play the hogs. Hopefully we see some accelerated growth.

That was an ugly win, but a win none the less. I said it last night. If you want to get to where we want to be, you got to win them all. A win is a win. I was extremely encouraged by the grit and toughness of this team. They never gave up and always believed they were in the game. If this had been a Sumlin team, we would have lost by 40.

I hate rankings. Especially preseason. That stuff all shakes out after 4-5 weeks of the season, but they exist for talking points and ratings on TV, so I guess we can continue to argue about the “worthiness” of the Aggies in the top 5 until we shut that up or lose the ability to be there.

I actually would love nothing more than to see the Ags drop out of the top 10 in all the polls this week.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Oddly enough, I’m less worried about Texas after their worst loss in years than I was when Tom Herman was hired, lost to Maryland twice, and squeaked by week to week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

King has a broken tibula and surgery today. He will be out for a while.

Comment

Lol!

Comment

2021 College Football -Week 2

This is not a top 10 team.

“We awake to a week in which Ohio State is 112th in total defense, second-worst in the Big Ten and second-last among FBS programs in the state of Ohio.”

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      I actually would love nothing more than to see the Ags drop out of the top 10 in all the polls this week.

Wouldn’t upset me either, but I doubt that happens.

Reality is that we want a program that is continually in the upper echelon of college football. With that comes a high ranking. With that comes every team’s best game against you and a prime time TV slot. Have to win those games to stay where you desire to be.

Personally I wish there were no preseason rankings and AP/Coaches Poll didn’t start until week 4 or 5, but what would all these TV/Radio/TBH people do without something to argue over, lol.

Comment

One point that needs to be made is Colorado is a D1 school Arkansas is a D1 school UCLA is A D1 school all in power five conferences they have athletes and players too there are millions of players that get over looked because maybe they went to a smaller high school, are the high school they played for didn’t have a very good team . The point is they have the same opportunity to recruit good players. Just like A&M , Texas and Lsu . They are recruited and playing for a D1 school if they were terrible. They would not even be on the team. So every one wants to say dang A&M barely beat Colorado are Arkansas killed Texas , Lsu got beat by Ucla and what not but guess what they all have athletes. And on some Saturday a athlete will out perform another athlete. That’s what makes college football so great .These are just kids for the most part and we all know that kids can wake up in a different world every day . All teams are beatable and that’s a fact !!

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Lol!

At what?

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
                            King has a broken tibula and surgery today. He will be out for a while.

That sucks for the young man. Hope he heals up ahead of schedule.

Comment

At what?

My post, I’m sure.

Comment

At what?

Not the injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X