Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Well I finally closed on my place!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Place. I see some good fish frys if that pond is stocked.

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Comment

Nice! Lots of work but it will be good work, the kind you don't mind doing. Plus you never know, the other property might come available in the future and you can grab it back? Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
          Nice Place. I see some good fish frys if that pond is stocked.

You know it brother!

Selfies are hard with fish that size I find. I stocked it like 8 or 10 years ago and they are growing up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats.

Comment

Hope you enjoy the new place. Whatever you are feeding those fish, looks like it is working might fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                This land belonged to my wife’s grandparents. it was 100 acres total. Unfortunately I couldn’t afford all of it so we bought 42 acres with the tank and all the buildings and wells and infrastructure. I wish I could say the trust, (which we are not in), gave us a deal but we payed full market value. It’s been rather neglected due to circumstances so there’s a lot of work to be done.

What’s awesome is my wife and I got married at 23. At the time and since then we have always played the, “If we were millionaires we would buy this place” game. Well we aren’t even close to millionaires, but we were able to stockpile enough money to afford what we got.

Unfortunately that also means her grandparents both passed recently which is a real bummer. We are so glad we could keep part of it in the family, and we can give it to our son some day. Hopefully he will love it as much as we do.

It’s real nice pasture land so our intent for now is to lease it to our neighbor out there and let him run cattle on it to keep the ag exemption, and we will be out there weekends. I’m not sure when we will be out there full time but it won’t be soon enough whenever it is.

That is so awesome! I wished I had family land, and I guess I do if you count 5ac my grandparents could afford in the 1940s. However, my wife and I decided if we didn’t leave anything else, we’d leave land! I’m glad to see y’all doing the same! God bless this land and your family!

Comment

Amen!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

What an awesome dream come true...
                        That's a beautiful area and has lots of potential for family and fun.
                        Enjoy!!!

tending the fire,
                        Bob G.

Comment

Glad to hear it! Congratulations!

Comment

Living the dream man.

Congrats!

J

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations, glad you got that family land to enjoy in the years ahead. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X