Constitutional Carry Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
    Michael Berry had the lawyer on his show today from Texas Law shield. It was an great talk amd he shed light on some benefits to still getting and ltc. Still some areas federal law can get you but wouldn’t matter if you had an ltc. Also benefit of crossing state lines legally carrying etc.

I did? I don't even remember having a talk show. Or talking with anyone else besides who I work with ever day. And most of those folk don't know nuthun about law.

I must be get-n old and forget-n stuff now.

(although I did grow up around a lot of attorneys )

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      I did? I don't even remember having a talk show. Or talking with anyone else besides who I work with ever day. And most of those folk don't know nuthun about law.

I must be get-n old and forget-n stuff now.

(although I did grow up around a lot of attorneys )
      I’ve listened to your show several times sir and while you sound better on the air, your stories are better in person.

Comment

Had my CHL since 1998. I Never open carry unless I’m in the field hunting.

Comment

Where I work, the only way to carry is with a CHL. Must be concealed at all times.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            Where I work, the only way to carry is with a CHL. Must be concealed at all times.
            I'm at work now and have 3 guns on my desk and 2 leaning against the wall behind me.

When I go into the office, I can't carry because its a government facility. Can't even have it in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
              Lol I could.

It only takes once! If it were me, that would be enough times.

Ya, I don’t chew solid food because people choke everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                Lol I could.

It only takes once! If it were me, that would be enough times.
                Once I had, well, family site and probably wouldn't want my grandkids to read it. Afterwards, well once was not enough. Kind of like what Bobby Boucher said, I saw them and I liked them.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
                  You don't go to church?
                  Preacher at our church carries all the time, as does the security detail and probably most of the men in the church, or so I've been told 🥸

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                    Guess now that it'll be the wild west with all the shootouts, I'll leave the 45 at home and carry the AK tomorrow
                    I wonder how comfortable that would be? Might be a good time to buy an AR pistol though 🥸

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                      Preacher at our church carries all the time, as does the security detail and probably most of the men in the church, or so I've been told 🥸

A few weeks ago our preacher received a gift during service. He ask if anyone had a pocket knife so he could open the box. Everyone just sat there. He said "well, if I had ask for a gun, I would have probably been covered up in them."

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                        Same for me also.

Comment

Originally posted by kcnatural View Post
                          The problem is a robber generally doesn't do recon. They run in the door pistol drawn an perhaps see you with a gun on your hip. Now you are an armed threat to them.

If they did recon and looked through a window and saw you with a gun they would more than likely just leave.
                          If an carrier lacks that much situational awareness, then yes they would be a target at that point. These come with the caveats of: 1.) If open carrier is in the direct line of sight and 2.) the hip they carry on is pointed towards the robber's point of entry. 3.) the robber prioritizes eliminating threats, rather than executing the robbery by going to the one they perceive with access to the money source.

But, even carrying concealed and you lack situational awareness, the robber would catch on real quick once you start your draw.

I think a lot of the oppositional arguments to open carry are coming from the "What if" brigade, and not necessarily from probability or confirmed evidence from actual shootings. They don't assess all the variables that would have to line up perfectly in order for the negative outcome to actually play out. They also neglect criminal psychology(Risk/reward, operating under stress, and perceived time constraints)

In an active shooter scenario I think the priority of targets is the low hanging fruit. Not, who poses the greatest potential threat. I seriously doubt they would have to time to consciously do a visual check of hips to see who is carrying, and who isn't. The goal of the shooter is to take out as many targets as possible, in the least amount of time. This is more than likely making those with little to no situational awareness a target, as well as those in closest proximity to the entry point or inception of the shooting spree.

Now personally, I don't open carry, but is exclusively due to: not wanting attention or social interaction at most places I go, potential confrontation with anti-gunners, and IWB holsters feel more secure to me.
                          Last edited by TexasArchery_27; 09-02-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by imyomama View Post
                            today started well, i actually carried in the shower this morning , and i felt safer and more refreshed than ever. then my wife jumped in .. i was like "it just keeps getting better" ... she then screamed and ran out ... imagine my surprise realizing i'm married to a liberal democrat ... guess it's not my lucky day afterall ...
                            She screamed and ran out cause she was expecting a magnum not a derringer!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                              If anyone wants some entertainment and has the NextDoor app, the liberal house wives are up in arms today about this. They are certain there will be high noon duels, road rage massacres and bodies in the streets.

Edit: A little poodle looking thing wandered up to my garage today when I was taking out the recycling, took a picture and put him on there and saw the posts. Just figured I needed to splain myself. Constitutional Carry On....
                              Self exiled off of Next Door the first year we lived here. I couldn’t play nice.

Comment

I want to know why most of the posters don't have a tactical school and actively teaching a weapons course.

Most of these "rocket scientist," might be a "brain surgeon" or two as well, criminals don't pay much attention at an opportunity crime. Heck, I was in uniform one day, patrol car parked outside, when a guy came in to do a beer run. Needless to say he made it to the door before he was on the floor from a "slip and fall."

Carry open, carry concealed, it's your choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X