Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 Blackland Prairies Hunting (Navarro, Ellis, Hill, Freestone)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally have a few bucks showing up on camera. Not all just at feeders but more on trails. Any one seeing any good chasing? I have not been down in a couple of weeks as the daughter has kept me busy.

Comment

I have seen a slight uptick last week and caught a pic of a buck chasing a doe. last weekend seemed to be a little dead. I may try to slip out tomorrow evening for a quick hunt once the rain stops.

Comment

I had a couple of pics of bucks chasing some does. Then I sat last weekend and had a small buck hounding some does. It’s probably getting real close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          I have seen a slight uptick last week and caught a pic of a buck chasing a doe. last weekend seemed to be a little dead. I may try to slip out tomorrow evening for a quick hunt once the rain stops.
          Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
          I had a couple of pics of bucks chasing some does. Then I sat last weekend and had a small buck hounding some does. It’s probably getting real close.

I may try some estrus this weekend. See if I can get any peeking out that we have not seen yet.

Comment

it was slow at our place for youth wknd. very few deer moving and it seems like the rut is at least a week or more later this year. the bucks stopped hitting the protein in the last 7-10 days and have disappeared. heading back up tomorrow, will see what they are doing after this little front hits.

Comment

Friday I was sitting at my kitchen table eating a bowl of beans and had a little buck nose down chasing a doe thru my front yard out by Cheneyboro.
              And it was on real for youth on our place out between Roan and Chatfield, we watched a few different bucks doggin saturday and sunday morning. Then just as we were about to leave this a doe popped out and this buck was behind her. Out on the west side between Hubbard and Dawson, only thing they're interested in is feeders.
              Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on the buck!
                If the rain would let up I’d head out this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore View Post
                  Friday I was sitting at my kitchen table eating a bowl of beans and had a little buck nose down chasing a doe thru my front yard out by Cheneyboro.
                  And it was on real for youth on our place out between Roan and Chatfield, we watched a few different bucks doggin saturday and sunday morning. Then just as we were about to leave this a doe popped out and this buck was behind her. Out on the west side between Hubbard and Dawson, only thing they're interested in is feeders.

That’s a great deer!

Comment

Congrats!
                    Bucks were hammering the feeders about 2a-3weeks ago but have slowed the last week. Hoping it’s cause they are running the doe. Do have a really nice 20 plus wide deer with a 6-8” drop tine on camera a few times so excited to go after him. Have a few other nice deer on the list. Seen a really nice buck dogging a doe last weekend so hopefully it’s prime for this weekend.

Comment

I’m in the stand, gonna hunt this evening and tomorrow am

Comment

Good luck! Keep us posted. I’m headed down in the morning.

Comment

Like someone flipped the switch at Our place
                          My son got into the blind and immediately bucks everywhere
                          The buck I’m chasing was already on his way to the feeder when I got to the pasture so had to go with plan b
                          Ran a doe off the feeder getting to the other stand
                          Already have another doe here and the feeder doesn’t throw until 6:00

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Knock some of them down boys!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                              Like someone flipped the switch at Our place
                              My son got into the blind and immediately bucks everywhere
                              The buck I’m chasing was already on his way to the feeder when I got to the pasture so had to go with plan b
                              Ran a doe off the feeder getting to the other stand
                              Already have another doe here and the feeder doesn’t throw until 6:00

I had bucks on camera at 5pm today too. Feeder doesn’t throw until 6. Not sure what has them up.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                                I had bucks on camera at 5pm today too. Feeder doesn’t throw until 6. Not sure what has them up.

He has Been covered up and his 14 p came out
                                He’s hot!! He can’t shoot until Saturday and we hunted hard for him last weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X