Armed forces suicide..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
    All Army troops or prior service personnel do not make the best employees. Some of these troops are mediocre at best. There are about 25% that can handle real work; the other 75% are not fit for McDonald's.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Why? What do you think is causing the disconnect? The one's I've worked with have all been outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
      All Army troops or prior service personnel do not make the best employees. Some of these troops are mediocre at best. There are about 25% that can handle real work; the other 75% are not fit for McDonald's.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
      BS, don’t project your failures in civilian life on the rest of us.

Agree with Aethling, most vets I’ve hired or worked with have been great. Some people can’t adapt, guess you’re one of them. Find a new mission!

Comment

I work daily with about 1/3rd vets and it's inside assembly line aircraft type work but WE all make a pretty good hand. Andon the suicide point..not even 6 months ago my friend John took his life. We need to get ahold of this B's fast. Permanent solution to a temporary problem..hope ppl can get outta that hole and see the light. Life is Hard, but it's great too

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
          This may explain part of the problem.

Russian VS American Army Recruitment Videos - YouTube
          Geez....

Comment

Certainly, it all cannot be summed up in a single answer. But by and large, our young troops today are having an incredibly difficult time making the transition from kid to adult. Parents aren't parents anymore, but raise their kids either absentee, abusively, or as their kids' BFF. All of which provide terrible results.

Also, especially considering the last few COVID years, this generation is also the first fully digitized generation. With social media and much of the rest of our society, everyone is a peer. Everyone is an online "Presence." There's no hierarchy online. Then they join the real world, military or not, and they get a crash course on learning just how hierarchical the world really is. Now they're low **** on the totem pole, and they have no idea how to handle it.

They also have no idea how basic standards are connected to military readiness and no respect for authority. I've been in the Army longer than most of them have been alive, and I have kids walking up to me everyday acting like they're my drinking buddy.

Parents have set our kids up for failure.

Comment

Working...
            X