Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just one more of many unnecessary game laws

Comment

For the record, this question was a direct result of bin watching Lone Star Law.... Fawn captivity seems to be one of their favorite subjects. It is interesting to me because I did raise fawn once when I was very young, and I thought it was one of the coolest things I've ever done to this day...

And yes, my Grandpa was definitely in the wrong for capturing said fawn...

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
        just one more of many unnecessary game laws
        I don't see that one as unnecessary.

Comment

just put a orange collar with a small bell on it and lets it do its thing. I've seen a few of them that way and the deer just runs around as it pleases.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
            Not trying to start a debate on high fence issues, but what is the difference between having a wild publicly owned deer in a high fence versus me having a wild fawn in my backyard?
            Just feed it protein and tell the GW you're going to "hunt" it and don't mumble anything related to the word "pet."

Comment

high fence operations have to buy a permit. joe blow that catches a fawn to keep most likely does not purchase a permit. it's about money lol.

Comment

Originally posted by joey1656 View Post
                high fence operations have to buy a permit. joe blow that catches a fawn to keep most likely does not purchase a permit. it's about money lol.
                Tell us more about this high fence permit. First I’ve heard of it.

Comment

Tell us more about this high fence permit. First I’ve heard of it.
                  Hoping he meant the breeding permit. Never heard of a high fence permit.

Comment

The only difference is the money you give the state for the appropriate permit.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                      The only difference is the money you give the state for the appropriate permit.
                      If I high fence my 30 acres tomorrow what permit do I have to get?

Comment

Working...
                      X