No announcement yet.

Questions about braided fishing line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Pro can be hit or miss, I personally prefer suffix 832.

Comment

Another vote for suffix. Its always been consistent for me. I have had several bad spools of power pro over the years. Swore off of it.

Comment

I love Braid and use it for everything except for top water baits.
        You HAVE to use a palomar knot with braid or it will slip.
        I use 30# power pro on on all my rods except my heavy flipping stick. I use 65 on that and it will drag in logs and not break.

Comment

I have had decent luck with power pro but prefer suffix as well. I would be worried about counterfeit line on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
            I use 30# power pro on on all my rods except my heavy flipping stick. I use 65 on that and it will drag in logs and not break.
            You do not have to use a palomar....you just have to understand braid.
            There are many knots that will work.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              You do not have to use a palomar....you just have to understand braid.
              There are many knots that will work.
              Many knots work on braid. They usually require more wraps or a slight variation from the mono knot for slippage.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
                Many knots work on braid. They usually require more wraps or a slight variation from the mono knot for slippage.
                Definitely

Comment

Could be the knot your using, I only use double palomar with braid. If not send it back to power pro they will sent a new spool.

Comment

Originally posted by billfromtx View Post
                    Actually you have to use a double palomar, a single will slip

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      A lot of people say power pro is good stuff but I’ve personally had the most issues with it over any other brand. spiderwire is by far the best and most consistent I have used/use. Surprisingly the bass pro brand braid isn’t too bad, better than power pro in my experience.
                      Cant stand power pro. I really like Suffix 832 camo braid

Comment

Want to know which knot is stronger when using braided line? Check out this test and see why you should never tie the...

This dude tested them both and says the uni knot is better for braid even though there wasnt that much difference

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Braid sucks.
                          I recently went to braid and I totally agree!

Comment

That’s interesting. I’ve used a uni knot with braid for many years and many different brands and have had zero issues with it. I also use a double uni to connect braid to fluorocarbon leader and have had zero issues. I usually only use 5-6 loops for each knot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love braided for saltwater.... I use the uni knot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                Braid sucks.

Yep, its terrible that it is stronger, more sensitive, longer lasting and is easier to pick out in the case of a backlash!

Comment

Working...
                                X