This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    Lol, hey look. It’s a gentlemen’s agreement.

"There's no signed contract. There's an agreement among 3 gentlemen and a commitment from 41 presidents and chancellors and 41 athletic directors to do what we say we're going to do."

This won’t amount to squat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    That press conference was a big nothing burger a BIG NOTHING BURGER. The SEC owns the future of college football and they know it, they offer Ohio state or Clemson membership tomorrow they will take it.

Comment

I think the alliance will try to slow down the 12 team playoff until 2026 when the CFP TV contract is up for negotiation. I don't know if it will work.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
        Jimbo said they “hit” on all of the OL targets we signed in 21’. Not surprised to see Foster getting reps and making a statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I think y'all got a fantastic OL class, but if they are starting Fatheree at left tackle (as was posted by one of the Aggie sites), then they will have problems. Fatheree is as talented and athletic as it gets, but he isn't a football player yet.

That same site said it might be Wykoff (another true freshman) at center over Foster. They were both good football players in high school, but you have to wonder about true freshman making line calls in Jimbo's offense. Physically, they can probably handle it.

Pre-2021, Jimbo's OL recruiting outside of Green and Ogunbiyi were not good.
        Last edited by El General; 08-24-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
          I think y'all got a fantastic OL class, but if they are starting Fatheree at left tackle (as was posted by one of the Aggie sites), then they will have problems. Fatheree is as talented and athletic as it gets, but he isn't a football player yet.

That same site said it might be Wykoff (another true freshman) at center over Foster. They were both good football players in high school, but you have to wonder about true freshman making line calls in Jimbo's offense. Physically, they can probably handle it.

Some really good points and a miss. Layden Robinson (Sophomore OG) looks like he is going to be really good.

Comment

Comment

I'm guessing they don't expand

Comment

Agreed, odd to even mention it.

Comment

Johnson is actually expected to start at LT. Fatheree has gotten some first team reps and impressed, but is expected to be in the #2 slot.

Luke Matthew’s is due back from injury soon and is the expected starter at center followed by Foster, and Wykoff.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
                    Some really good points and a miss. Layden Robinson (Sophomore OG) looks like he is going to be really good.

I did miss on that one. Forgot about him. He should be a good one.

Comment

I’d bet against Dave Wannstedt knowing his *** from a hole in the ground, but I hope I’m wrong.

Comment

His rumors seem just as likely as any others that have been thrown out there. I would think tech over k state to the pac, but otherwise not too crazy.

Comment

I’d bet against Dave Wannstedt knowing his *** from a hole in the ground, but I hope I’m wrong.
                          Yeah, Kansas state to the PAC12 really don't see it but I heard something from an alumni in the know today that makes this add up. UT and A&M are pushing to freeze out any of the remaining Texas Big 12 schools from landing in a power conference essentially leading the TX talent pipeline to those 2 and to OU to a lesser extent. That is pretty sorry if true.

Comment

That's what everyone said/thought right after it was announced TX and OU were leaving. He's just regurgitating it. Tech though not K State. No way in hell the Pac 12 takes a Kansas school over a Texas one.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                              Yeah, Kansas state to the PAC12 really don't see it but I heard something from an alumni in the know today that makes this add up. UT and A&M are pushing to freeze out any of the remaining Texas Big 12 schools from landing in a power conference essentially leading the TX talent pipeline to those 2 and to OU to a lesser extent. That is pretty sorry if true.
                              Man you hear some crazy ish. Texas and A&M are not worried about other Texas schools in recruiting. They aren't now so why would they ever be?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X