Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, dogs wiped out a bunch of this mans deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That story in the op is why I don’t tolerate strays on my property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

All the more reason deer should not be penned

Comment

I wonder if he’ll get charged with animal cruelty. The dogs weren’t attacking his livestock. Since deer are not considered livestock. He had no legal right to shoot the dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
          I wonder if he’ll get charged with animal cruelty. The dogs weren’t attacking his livestock. Since deer are not considered livestock. He had no legal right to shoot the dogs.

I think the axis might be considered livestock, but not sure

And screw them dogs

Comment

I would be mad beyond reason.

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
            I agree.
            4 of our dogs killed 2 of the neighbors cows, and those cows were tore up pretty good.
            Those dainty little deer would be shredded in my opinion.
            How did that end up?

BP..

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              It doesn’t take a deer long to die when they are panicked. They sure as hell won’t last long stuck in a fence. $150,000 loss and I’d be looking for the dogs’ owner azz.
              I penned up some rams to sell to some game ranch’s, and the neighbors dogs chased them in to the fence and they broke their necks on the pipe and boards, my neighbors weren’t very happy
              With paying, and having dogs in vet hospital with #4 lead poisoning in the head and shoulders !
              Only blood on the sheep was out the nose

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                All the more reason deer should not be penned
                All the more reason irresponsible “trash” should not own dogs.

Lots of animals are dropped off because the owners are to lazy and selfish to care for a pet.

Regardless of where the deer are, wild dogs / canines will prey on easy meals. Witnessed it several times, and I have no problem shooting collarless dogs chasing deer.

Comment

A pack of pet dogs can do lots of damage don’t need to be wild dogs!

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    It doesn’t take a deer long to die when they are panicked. They sure as hell won’t last long stuck in a fence. $150,000 loss and I’d be looking for the dogs’ owner azz.
                    I'd be scouting for the remainder of the dogs for sure.

Stress could have killed them just the same. I answered a call of a fawn caught in a phone switch enclosure. By the time we caught it and opened the gate it fell over dead. It took less than a minute to catch it but it still died

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Porter Trash not keeping their dogs in check. I dont care for breeding operations and such but I feel bad for the guy.

Comment

I lost 11 calves and 9 full grown cows to feral dogs, after shooting what we found we had poison put out professionally. No more dogs, yotes and then the raccoons died guess it was powerful stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BOSSHOG View Post
                          I lost 11 calves and 9 full grown cows to feral dogs, after shooting what we found we had poison put out professionally. No more dogs, yotes and then the raccoons died guess it was powerful stuff.
                          When dogs would kill a sheep or mohair, my grandpa would cut the back out and put the meat on a treble hooks and baling wire it on limbs, he caught a few, but as kids he bought everyone a old m1 carbine that old ww2 ball ammo was some good stuff
                          Not many dog would get by 3-4 kids with m1’s

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
                            As much as I disagree with what you said!!

You are right!!

A few years ago I killed a pit bull that had broken off his chain!!
                            I stepped out my back door he charged me..( I had three grand children in house asleep)
                            I stepped back into my home and said to my self “ self we don’t need to be afraid to walk in our own yard”

I loaded my 22-250 walked out back door and here he came again.

At 10 feet I put one in his throat.. worst mistake I made the SO confiscated my gun and filed charges against me. Assault against a non live stock animal.
                            Grand jury kicked it out 4 months later..

I was told that I should of let the SO Handel it.

Comment

150,000 for 24 deer?? Making them worth over 6k a piece. That ain’t right. Sad situation though

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                                A pack of pet dogs can do lots of damage don’t need to be wild dogs!

Yup, pet dogs or cats belong on their owners property, not mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X