Sure is nice to turn off the sprinklers in mid-August

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I turned mine off 2 years ago. I'm not a "progressive" by any stretch, but watering my grass when we are most definitely headed for a water shortage problem just seemed...off.

The thermostat stays where it stays though, there is a simple solution to the power issue if they really wanted to solve it....so eff'em.
    That doesn't make you a progressive....that means you have common sense!

Eff mowing grass!

Comment

It's been saving me $100.00 a month.........................

Comment

I just watered a couple of days ago. only had to water garden a couple of times, mainly for cucumbers.

My dad used to say all the time I was growing up, "it never rains at night in August".

I kept up with that thru the years. I never had it disproved until I think a couple of years ago. We got a rain at night in August. Happened last night also. For at least 58 years, that the first and second time I have seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          I'd just like to make it 48hrs without rain!
          Ain't that the truth. We are just now drying out from the last flood.

Comment

We will for sure take North TX rain in August. Many years we don’t get these monsoons until about two weeks from now when we are sitting in a field breathing ragweed and watching the sky.

Comment

Never seen it this green on the south plains in august. I don’t know how much we got since last Friday, but it’s been a good bit

Comment

Amen

Comment

Tyler area yesterday morning had flooding in many areas. Wife’s phone was blowing up on flash flood alerts. I don’t think I’ve ever seen flash flood alerts in the middle of august

Comment

Working...
                  X