No announcement yet.

Fall is close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’re having unseasonably cooler temps for August as well in my neck of the woods. It’s barely supposed to reach 100°. The thought of snow in August just blows my mind!

Comment

71 degrees for the high here tomorrow. Rain supposed to start this afternoon and we could get the equivalent of 16 inches of snow in rain over the next two days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      Last edited by WyoBull; 08-18-2021, 09:59 AM.

Comment

It's hot in Cheyenne right now, need a/c in this house lol... We're heading to the Snowies for a quick camping trip and scout this weekend, hopefully weather won't get too rough as I'm planning a quick/light trip. One of my boys picked up a General Elk tag so I've got to go figure out where to send them, he's never Elk hunted before so I'll be making another trip up to go with him in rifle season so trying to put some boots on the ground somewhere to get started.

Comment

Oh man Wyobull, we need that rain but not that much. Snowies will have some issues with slides too if that materializes.
          I think Colorado high country is what may get a dusting, haven't heard Don Day say if our mountains will or not. I'll give his forecast a listen today.
          Good luck with that amount of rain.

Sounding more like I-70 will definitely have some issues this weekend. Flash flooding could be a real threat for those in the mountains also.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            It's hot in Cheyenne right now, need a/c in this house lol... We're heading to the Snowies for a quick camping trip and scout this weekend, hopefully weather won't get too rough as I'm planning a quick/light trip. One of my boys picked up a General Elk tag so I've got to go figure out where to send them, he's never Elk hunted before so I'll be making another trip up to go with him in rifle season so trying to put some boots on the ground somewhere to get started.
            Look up high right now but they will disperse across the forest by rut.
            We're going up to Sybille Canyon Friday, I'll see of those bulls are rubbing off yet. If so, forest elk are not far behind and wallows will get active fast. A little early for shedding that velvet but we'll see.
            Bear Bottom Bar in Centennial has good food for lunch, all ages welcome there.
            They may have The Library's honey amber on tap.

Comment

I could go for some honey amber right about now! I'm not too worried about finding animals now, they'll be in different places come rifle season. Mainly I need to get acquainted with some rifle season options so I can have the boys do some scouting when I go back to Texas and we'll have some starting points come October, seeing things in person is so much better than staring at a map trying to figure out where to go. All my previous Elk hunting's been in Colorado so I'm kind of starting over up here trying to help the boys out. I started them both out with their first Antelope last year and that was a huge success, they both hunted hard and exceeded my expectations of their determination and drive.

Comment

Last September we had a very strong early front push thru Texas. Hopefully history repeats itself

Comment

Still hot and humid as hell down here with only noise being the cicada's singing their heat songs.

Comment

Fresh roasting green chile permeates the air and very nice weather says it’s really close.

Comment

Meanwhile in Houston I am prepared for hurricanes and scorching summer temps for at least another month LOL

Comment

Headed to Denver end of September. Looking forward to a climate change!!

Comment

not close enough!!!!!!!!

Comment

Humidity has been something fierce last few months here along the gulf coast

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                              Weather change for the mountains this weekend. If you're headed up for hunting be ready up higher for ... snow!

Also, big rain chance tonight and for the coming days, I-70 may well close again due to mud slides in Colorado.

We're getting close folks, fall is near for the mountains.
                              Welcome to think about this, thanks. North TX is “cool” for August this week, but next week forecast is back to normal August upper 90s.

Comment

Working...
                              X