60th Knoxville Nationals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tryton View Post
    I grew up in Iowa and went to many dirt tracks but never Knoxville. Would love to go see a race there...I bet it was incredible.

Kyle Larson is on an unprecedented run in auto racing. He is the current winner of many crown jewel events in multiple cars that may never be duplicated. Midgets, USAC sprints, Super Late Models, Winged 410 sprints, Nascar Cup....
    It is amazing. He ran the Nascar road course race at Indy 15 hours after he won at Knoxville. He led most of the race at Indy but ended up 3rd. Last year while suspended from Nascar he won 46 races on dirt. He won 50% of the races he ran which is just crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post
      My Dad and Brother were there!
      I haven't been to a sprint car race in probably 15 years. I really need to go when they come to Mesquite
      I grew up right by the Devil's Bowl in Mesquite. That is where I got into sprint car racing. Now I live about an hour and 20 minutes from Knoxville Raceway here in Iowa.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
        I grew up right by the Devil's Bowl in Mesquite. That is where I got into sprint car racing. Now I live about an hour and 20 minutes from Knoxville Raceway here in Iowa.
        We grew up near Ascot Raceway in SoCal.
        Brother Lives in SD and Parents visit in the summers. That's how they ended up going to Knoxville for their first time this year. They always go to the local dirt track races up there in SD

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
          Good job Larson, hate he still has to run Nascar
          That kid could win in a shopping cart race. He is awesome to watch, like a modern day AJ Foyt.

Comment

Those races are really really cool! For those of you in Dallas, do yourself a favor and go watch the Lonestar 600 @ Devils bowl speedway when it comes there. Over 150 cars on the track at the same time, and no cautions unless someone flips or is on fire. $10,000 to win Friday night and Saturday night. Guys down here in Houston started it and had to move up there to get into a bigger track. Guys from all over the country come to race!

Comment

Working...
            X