Friday night lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    That fumble by Waskom at the 10 was a killer. Those kids could fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They had us on the ropes a bit for sure. They are a good team

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey folks, if you wouldn't mind, throw up a prayer for the little guy in my profile pic. He's the starting running back for China Spring. He took a helmet to the shin and broke his fibula just below the knee.

Comment

Comment

Done

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
            That fumble by Waskom at the 10 was a killer. Those kids could fly.

What a game!!!
            This was the first big test since the first game between Lorena!!
            I’m gonna say Waskom own the first half, but Franklin owned the 4th quarter. Biggest crowd I’ve ever seen on Franklin side and they got LOUD!!! Our defense fed off that and kept Waskom shut out in the second half. This was a hard hitting game. Hope our boys won’t be to sore going into next week’s game. I think this was the first game that Franklin got shut out in the first quarter.

Comment

Incredible game last night at the Star. It was back and forth all night. Very hard fought game by both sides 38-35 but the Stevenville YellowJacketes are headed to state. Can’t wait for next Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                Congrats to Gilmer! That team is pretty good. Their offense seems completely predicated on big passing plays. Nothing else was very effective. Celina D was in the QB’s face all night, but he’s pretty mobile was able to extend plays long enough to find an open man.

My buddy said they travel well, but that didn’t look like the case judging from the stands. The boys on the field though didn’t seem to mind. They had lots of problems with crowd noise though. I’d have to look at the stats, but I bet they had 10+ false starts due to the noise.

Celina offensive play calling got away from what they’ve done all year and it bit then bad. Still a pretty decent season, even for Celina.

I hope Gilmer puts together another performance like that next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Pretty good? Lol, they were one busted defensive play on an offsides penalty away from shutting yall out. Looked to me that the bux knew they could torch yall over the top so their rush play calling was very vanilla. Don't get me wrong celinas d line was good but seemed to wear down after getting pushed on by the bux o. Later in the game all #11 had to do was sit back and wait for a receiver to get open. We had like 49 rush yards and 261 pass.
                We probably would of had more people if it weren't close to a 3 hour drive lol. Online streaming keeps alot of people at home these days.. I pulled out of the stadium and saw signs for celina. . Idk know what was up with out o line and the penalties last night but I didn't hear that celina was barking and making similar noises to hut in last week's game. Who knows. Still our job to not flinch. We had 90 yards in penalties.
                Celina did get bit trying to pick up the pass, yall were 25/5. Seems like the oc panicked and tried to pull a rabbit out of the hat. Overall like you said, hrak of a season and definitely nothing for the kids to hang their head about. Good luck next year in d1 though

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post
                  Hey folks, if you wouldn't mind, throw up a prayer for the little guy in my profile pic. He's the starting running back for China Spring. He took a helmet to the shin and broke his fibula just below the knee.
                  Sorry to hear that brother, hope all works out for him with no longterm problems.

Comment

Originally posted by brrdnk View Post
                    Incredible game last night at the Star. It was back and forth all night. Very hard fought game by both sides 38-35 but the Stevenville YellowJacketes are headed to state. Can’t wait for next Friday.

I`ve been to 3 Stephenville games since I graduated in the Ville in 1977. 1990 when we beat Brownwood for the first time since dirt was discovered, 2009 when Aledo beat us for the State Championship in overtime by 3 points and the game last night. Nothing will beat the Brownwood game experience for me since Stephenville/we had not beaten them in almost 30 years. The game last night against Hirschi, who had outscored their opponents by a 3 to 1 ratio,was as good as it gets in High School football. Walking away with a hard fought 38-35 win in the last minute of the game was sweeeeet. Going to Jerrys World for State next week for 2 games in a row. The Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders were outside the Ford Center performing when we walked into the game. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bar2hunter View Post

I was sick to my stomach watching that happen last night. He’s a dang good kid too!

Comment

Franklin Waskom game was a good one.

Ready to watch Franklin at state in back to back years. Hoping the 3rd trip is the charm for winning the title.

Comment

Denton Guyer is headed to the big game. Harley’s first year as a their athletic trainer!

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
                            Denton Guyer is headed to the big game. Harley’s first year as a their athletic trainer!

Guyer is well coached and tough as nails! Duncanville whipped Carroll. SOC has been impressive. Long time coming for south Dallas team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hendo View Post
                              I was sick to my stomach watching that happen last night. He’s a dang good kid too!

Thank you for the kind words!!

Comment

Gunter and Franklin should be a great game. Freaking dish network not carrying Bally's sucks. Wish they would let NFHS network stream these games too. Downloaded the Bally's app, but they want my network provider to view the games on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X