Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Friday night lights!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
    Care to post a link? Can’t find that stat

Edit: Are you talking girls basketball?

Yes basketball. You said best tx high school sports dynasty in history. Like I said before, lots of non football programs that can make that claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Friday night lights!

We can have 9 in 15 years. Lol still to be determined. They made a documentary about them because it’s over. They can very well do the same for Carthage, but it’s still going…
      Until you actually do it, “can” doesn’t mean a thing.

Celina had 68 straight wins from 1998-2002. 4 straight undefeated seasons. 4 straight state titles. They made the documentary during that run. Greatest 4 year run in tx, but as said before- Richland Springs has the title for best football dynasty.

Carthage ain’t on that level. When they are, maybe they’ll make a documentary about them too.

Comment

Friday night lights!

Celina won 5 in 7 years I believe or maybe 6 years. They won one in 95 or 96 then 98, 99, 2000 and 2001.

Their coach GA Moore had more wins than any other Texas high school coach at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post
          Whitesboro over Shallowater 50-25. Rematch with Brock next week after they rolled Jim Ned 70-25 today. Gunna be tough!

Let's go Whitesboro!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post

Celina had 68 straight wins from 1998-2002. 4 straight undefeated seasons. 4 straight state titles. They made the documentary during that run. Greatest 4 year run in tx, but as said before- Richland Springs has the title for best football dynasty.

Carthage ain’t on that level. When they are, maybe they’ll make a documentary about them too.

Celina was also in the music video for the song ‘Boys of Fall’.

Comment

Seems to me they’re on that level? 8 titles, same as Celina? If you even count the first one…. Carthage did it in a 3rd of the time also. Seems to me Carthage has surpassed Celina in every facet?… Winning streaks don’t win titles if they end so I guess both schools are at 8. Aledo I would put ahead of Carthage.

Comment

Originally posted by bbbuck View Post
                62 seems to be the magic number for Gunter. They have scored 62 points in all three playoff games. Next up Holliday. Competition improves with each round, round four begins to get interesting.
                I think Gunter takes Holliday to the woodshed.

Comment

Seems to me they’re on that level? 8 titles, same as Celina? If you even count the first one…. Carthage did it in a 3rd of the time also. Seems to me Carthage has surpassed Celina in every facet?… Winning streaks don’t win titles if they end so I guess both schools are at 8. Aledo I would put ahead of Carthage.

Carthage hasn’t surpassed Celina in anything. Has Carthage gone over 4 years without a loss? It’s not just about state titles either. Their seasons have been impressive for decades. I would say Richland springs and Aledo are the top two. The argument for 3rd can be made for several schools including Carthage and Celina. I would give the edge currently to Celina due to their dominance over a period of time when they set the record for longest wining streak ever in the state.

I truly don’t have a dog in this hunt as my high school hasn’t done much ever. Celina even handed us a few whippings over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    I think Gunter takes Holliday to the woodshed.

They’re pretty stout. Had some good teams lately.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                      Well Crawford gets by Italy setting up a regional final against a very athletic Marlin team. Came at a price, Breck tore up his knee and our QB out with hip injury.

Crawford will prepare and be ready for the test but without two of our most powerful bullets.

Best of luck to all and God bless.

Rwc
                      That was a tough game especially for Breck. Hope the news isnt to bad, see you Friday night.

Comment

Yes basketball. You said best tx high school sports dynasty in history. Like I said before, lots of non football programs that can make that claim.

bruh, lmao

Comment

does anyone have a copy of that celina doc they would lend out?

Comment

Well Crawford gets by Italy setting up a regional final against a very athletic Marlin team. Came at a price, Breck tore up his knee and our QB out with hip injury.

Crawford will prepare and be ready for the test but without two of our most powerful bullets.

Rwc
                            I was talking to Coach Pritchett this weekend and he said y'all were banged up. I know your boy is a hell of an athlete. Watched yall last year.

Comment

They’re pretty stout. Had some good teams lately.

Pretty stout is an understatement. It's pick your poison with them.

Comment

Rwc
                                Praying for the best news on Breck's knee. Mom said we now have 4 players on crutches. I know that Jake is tore up about being hurt and not being able to continue playing.

Comment

Working...
                                X