No announcement yet.

Favorite way to cook Redfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Half shell grilled in foil with veggies, butter, dill, seasoning and if gonna get fancy then pontchartrain. By far my favorite fish besides salmon.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      blackened with Pontchartrain sauce ... definitely a life changer.
      countless posts, pics, recipes, and videos in the Food Forum
      For the win!!!

Comment

CB, that would make a mullet taste great!

Comment

I'm not a big halfshell fan either. I like to take it off the skin, trim as much of the red meat off as I can and then blacken it or grill it. I do either a pontchartrain sauce with crab meat and shrimp or a white wine and butter sauce with crab meat and shrimp and put that over it.

It's not bad parmesan crusted, pecan crusted or as parmesan/mayo fish. Also not bad cut into strips, dipped in egg wash, rolled in panko bread crumbs and fried and then make fish tacos out of that.

Comment

What a meal, that sure looks delicious.

Comment

Halfshell and grill.
              Sometimes with butter and sprinkles.
              Sometimes smothered in Ranch and French Onions.

Comment

One of my top favs. Gotta get that rice recipe down though.

Comment

Another vote for half shell on the grill. The skin acts as a bowl, throw some butter and lemon on it. Hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have done half shell a thousand ways. Hard to mess it up. But my favorite is score cross hatch, lightly cover with butter or olive oil, Cajun season of your choice. Cook on grill skin side down until meat is flakey and then add Picante Sauce over fish and close lid for 5 more minutes and remove and let rest before serving. You can thank me later.

Comment

Half shell on the smoker or in the oven and don’t leave it in there too long, it’s the tits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Matt Patek RIP taught me his families way several years ago, and it’s still my favorite.

Cubed. Cover in yellow mustard and then zatarans breading and fry. Even kids who hate fish will finish the plate and go for leftovers.

Comment

Originally posted by leebtattoos View Post
                          Matt Patek RIP taught me his families way several years ago, and it’s still my favorite.

Cubed. Cover in yellow mustard and then zatarans breading and fry. Even kids who hate fish will finish the plate and go for leftovers.

It’s good! We do this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Man, I like Redfish any way you can cook it, but my most favorite way is sliced thin and fried to a golden crispy succulent morsel.

Comment

Love it grilled on the half shell and blackened, but my favorite is fried.

Comment

Originally posted by leebtattoos View Post

I use mustard on all my fried fish. We used to cook fish a lot while camping and mustard doesn't need refrigeration like milk and/or eggs. I'm digging the Reo breading right now though.

Comment

Working...
                                X