2021 Hurricane Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
    It could get very bad, it could get a direct hit. It's gonna be a strong and dangerous storm
    Ducko ,we are gonna keep you & the gang over there in our prayers if it hits there. Please let us know if y'all need anything!

Comment

This thing looks rough for sure - Yall in the area take care.

Comment

It could get very bad, it could get a direct hit. It's gonna be a strong and dangerous storm
        That ain’t worth a darn praying for all y’all over there

Comment

Is this wind blowing across the Houston area today the outer bands of the storm starting to get closer? if so I perish the thought of what it’s going to be when it actually makes landfall.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            Is this wind blowing across the Houston area today the outer bands of the storm starting to get closer? if so I perish the thought of what it’s going to be when it actually makes landfall.
            No storm not in gulf yet

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Ducko ,we are gonna keep you & the gang over there in our prayers if it hits there. Please let us know if y'all need anything!
              Preciate ya

Comment

Originally posted by Swamprat View Post
                I have family evacuating as I type, some coming here... Blake, I had thought about have my son stop in NI to pick up some goods from you... but figured he better get on the road here to avoid heavy traffic... I need some chili mix! haha.

During Katrina, my house became known as Camp West as we had our place FULL of evacuees for a few weeks. One thing that I'll forever be grateful for was the 24/7 live rebroadcast of WWL-TV over the KHOU 11.2 channel. WWL is the staple for news, weather and to be able to watch it live from Spring was surreal. Most local communications were out of commission, cell service highly unreliable and so to a large degree, that was our only source of info..

Swamprat, I know what you mean about WWL/NOLA! My first trip to the Far East was a long one and we had bad weather hit us just out of Japan and got caught up in a typhoon for 3 days because of limited power and a bent screw... That was terrible... One of the most welcome sounds I've ever heard was the first American Radio station that I could pick up as soon as the ship cleared the Panama Canal. It was WWL in New Orleans... I felt like I was home!! Still took us a while to get into port (Houston) since we could only make 5 knots, but I listened to that Station non-stop all the way back up the Latin American Coast at night. Once we cleared the Yucatan, it sounded like we were at the mouth of the Mississippi it was so clear!

Sure pray y'all get by lightly with this one!

Comment

2021 Hurricane Season

My mom lives 15 miles from Cypemort Point in Lydia and all of my siblings are in New Iberia and a few distant relatives in the Houma area which will take the brunt of the storm if it hangs on this current track.
                  Mom is not staying, thank God, but her idea is going to Lafayette which is better but still not ideal.
                  My brothers and their families feel confident and refuse to leave New Iberia. Praying for their safety.

Texas Storm Chasers using Noaa data talking strong Cat 4 possibly Cat5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                    My mom lives 15 miles from Cypemort Point in Lydia and all of my siblings are in New Iberia and a few distant relatives in the Houma area which will take the brunt of the storm if it hangs on this current track.
                    Mom is not staying, thank God, but her idea is going to Lafayette which is better but still not ideal.
                    My brothers and their families feel confident and refuse to leave New Iberia. Praying for their safety.

Texas Storm Chasers using Noaa data talking strong Cat 4 possibly Cat5.

Bad idea, ask those that hung around for Laura if dey would ever do that again. Hell I stayed for Delta and almost regretted it. It was a long loud night. Cant imagine what Laura sounded like.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                      Would love a Johnny explanation on why they hit overnight. I did learn during Harvey that as temps cool overnight rainfall rates increase with tropical systems.

I'm not going to act like I know since I have never looked into it but the majority of the storms I have been thorough came in during the night/early morning.

Alicia, Rita & Ike just to name a few. Harvey didn't hit me directly but came ashore at night as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bad idea, ask those that hung around for Laura if dey would ever do that again. Hell I stayed for Delta and almost regretted it. It was a long loud night. Cant imagine what Laura sounded like.

My oldest brother claims it won’t be any worse than what he got from Laura since he is on the weat side of the current track. But if it shifts west, he will regret his decision.

Comment

big blowup.https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/...09L&product=ir

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            I'm not going to act like I know since I have never looked into it but the majority of the storms I have been thorough came in during the night/early morning.

Alicia, Rita & Ike just to name a few. Harvey didn't hit me directly but came ashore at night as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Laura and Delta as well

Comment

Big girl [emoji43]

Comment

I’m hoping my family in Baton Rouge stays safe. I doubt they leave. My mid 90’s great uncle is who I worry about the most.

Comment

Working...
                                X