Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Estate Questions for experts (that's all of you)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    .....Normally I would sit on the cash and wait it all out, make what I can while it lasts. But sure hate to see it devalued after working so long and hard to get it
    This concerns me too. Need a good cash flow investment but real estate/rentals don't look attractive anymore and I'm too old for another stock market bust to boom. Guess do what the TV guy says and BUY GOLD

Comment

There’s a reason why a lot of money is going into real estate. We are in hyper inflation. Your cash is going to be pretty much worthless. Tangible assets are where it’s at.

Comment

Originally posted by M16 View Post
        There’s a reason why a lot of money is going into real estate. We are in hyper inflation. Your cash is going to be pretty much worthless. Tangible assets are where it’s at.
        Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
          This concerns me too. Need a good cash flow investment but real estate/rentals don't look attractive anymore and I'm too old for another stock market bust to boom. Guess do what the TV guy says and BUY GOLD

Don’t rule out other precious metals too! Silver is really affordable right now due to the price being artificially manipulated. There is also a shortage of copper right now. Should we enter into hyperinflation, I’ve got a stash of pre-1981 pennies that are currently worth a little more than $0.02 each, but could easily go up to $0.10 or more. Pre-1965 quarters are selling on eBay right now for $7 or more each! Just 4 years ago you could pick them up for $3 each, even though the spot price of silver hasn’t hardly changed.

I try to invest in common old coins that most of the population knows. That way if there is a crash, I’m not the guy being targeted because I’ve got these crazy rare coins. Keep the gold put away and only use it when things start to recover. Then you can buy everyone else’s stuff who didn’t prepare for pennies on the dollar! Like what Joseph did in Egypt in the Bible!

Comment

This is exactly what I said earlier. If asset prices are inflating be a net owner of assets. Finance them long term with cheap money. Do it now. Buy land buy multi family housing buy rental property buy commercial real estate. And lock it into cheap fixed rate longterm debt...bam you win. Rent it out make a little cash flow on top of covering your debt and and watch the value skyrocket. When you want out sell it for multiples of what you paid.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well thats wonderful news.....

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                No expert, not even by TBH standards , but how does the West Coast market stay so high with a seemingly exodus of people with money?
                60 year mortgage

Comment

I think with inflation going out the roof people are realizing that assets are worth a lot more than cash at this point. The real estate market is not going to crash any time soon. I think if you see something thats a good deal , buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                    This is exactly what I said earlier. If asset prices are inflating be a net owner of assets. Finance them long term with cheap money. Do it now. Buy land buy multi family housing buy rental property buy commercial real estate. And lock it into cheap fixed rate longterm debt...bam you win. Rent it out make a little cash flow on top of covering your debt and and watch the value skyrocket. When you want out sell it for multiples of what you paid.

Most investment portfolio loans are gonna require 15-20% down. So you eat up cash on the down payment.

Lots of cash investors out there right now gobbling up every piece of real estate that is income producing.

Raw land, still moving slower, though the recreational market is good.

It’s more difficult than just “ go out and buy it “ for the average joe
                    Last edited by txtrophy85; 11-12-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Since I'm retired I want interest rates to go up. I know, I was in the Chevrolet business during the early to late 80's! What a tough time to be borrowing operating money. My Dad and his retired buddies with cash loved it. LOL!

Comment

Look at multifamily income producing properties. Today's rates with HUD are 2.55 with a 35 yr amort. 3.05% for 40 if new construction. And HUD is non-recourse debt. If it blows up in your face hand them the keys and walk away.

Comment

Working...
                        X