Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
    The company is wanting many changes.
    It's starting to resemble the Crown refinery lock-out back in the mid-90's.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      Can you go back to work if you wanted to?
      No sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Yes. The strategy seems to be to bust the union IMO.

Comment

That lasted years. Sure hope not. I was next door at GATX back then. Some of the scabs that went to work there through a temp agency are at our refinery. They knew better than to stay at Crown when those folks returned. They are just as sorry now as they were then.

Exxon is not the company it once was when it comes down to how they treat their employees. I am glad they are not the lead company at the NOBP negotiations in January. I will be at the NOBP conference all next week. I am fairly certain Exxon will be a big part of the discussions.

Comment

No sir.

Not all the employees are union, correct? The non union guys are working?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
              That lasted years. Sure hope not. I was next door at GATX back then. Some of the scabs that went to work there through a temp agency are at our refinery. They knew better than to stay at Crown when those folks returned. They are just as sorry now as they were then.

Exxon is not the company it once was when it comes down to how they treat their employees. I am glad they are not the lead company at the NOBP negotiations in January. I will be at the NOBP conference all next week. I am fairly certain Exxon will be a big part of the discussions.
              A good friend of mine retired from Exxon a couple years ago. He also says they are nowhere near the company they used to be

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
                Not all the employees are union, correct? The non union guys are working?
                Not all are union. I’m not currently but it is a union facility. No hourly employees, union or non union, are allowed to go back to work until the contract is settled.

Comment

Not all are union. I’m not currently but it is a union facility. No hourly employees, union or non union, are allowed to go back to work until the contract is settled.
                  90 days without a paycheck, I'm moving on.....prolly 60 days early!

Comment

Question? But how can the Union prevent a non union employee from working?

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                      Question? But how can the Union prevent a non union employee from working?
                      The facility is a union facility. The union represents all employees both union and non union.

Comment

90 days without a paycheck, I'm moving on.....prolly 60 days early!
                        Everyone’s situation is different. I’m sure some people have already moved on. I’m 53 with 2 years to go until early retirement. I’m hoping for a package 😂

Comment

Everyone’s situation is different. I’m sure some people have already moved on. I’m 53 with 2 years to go until early retirement. I’m hoping for a package 😂
                          Good luck to you and the rest of y’all brother. Our contract is up next year. Sure hope we don’t go through what y’all are going through.

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                            Good luck to you and the rest of y’all brother. Our contract is up next year. Sure hope we don’t go through what y’all are going through.
                            Thank you and good luck to y’all as well.

Comment

I’ve never been a part of a union, but I’ve never understood this hatred for so-called scabs. Is it because them filling the jobs hurts your unions’ bargaining power?

I look at it like this:
                              1. They’re probably worse off than you are in general
                              2. They’re not getting steady work or any guarantee of employment because they’re with a temp agency
                              3. They probably aren’t as good at the job. If they were, they wouldn’t be with a temp agency.

I’m sure there’s lots to it, but they have mouths to feed too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do the non-union guys get any compensation from the union while this is going on? I would think not since they aren't part of the union, but I didn't know they could be forced to not work as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X