Just Got My TPWD Tax Statements For MLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M16 View Post
    It’s a rubber stamp of what my biologist recommends. I like to receive value for my money. I’m not seeing any value. I do it to preserve the states wildlife.

If its a new fee then that doesn't make much sense.

I do like how you are politically correct in the bolded statement Your deer will have to wear mask shortly....

Comment

This shouldn’t be a surprise....we’ve known this was coming for couple years now.

Comment

It’s a rubber stamp of what my biologist recommends. I like to receive value for my money. I’m not seeing any value. I do it to preserve the states wildlife.
        Do they review what you submit before they “rubber stamp” it? Value would be the extended time frame to preserve the states wildlife no? No value then why make the payment for the extended time frame to preserve the states wildlife?Why not be done with helping the state in January?

Personally 5$ a day seems like a no brainer to me. If you add the MD extended season it’s seems like a great value.
        Toll roads seem like money well spent IMO as well.
        Last edited by myway; 08-04-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

It’s to hire more biologists. State biologists get tied up with so much Whitetail crap they don’t have time to handle other stuff. The amount of properties on MLD has gone up exponentially in the last 10 years and throw the cwd in on top and it’s a real mess. I see it from the opposite side. Ranch manager, not owner. Managing on mld and same as your biologists hand in paper work for them to stamp. But it’s not that easy on their end. Know a couple very well and they have told me so, more than once. It’s quite the bargain in all honesty. Less than filling a protein feeder. but if 300 bucks is so terrible, manage with your tags and drop the program. That easy.

Comment

I use a private biologist. So why am I being taxed by Parks and Wildlife? Where is this new tax money going?

You’re doing it wrong. In East Texas, there is no “Nighttime Tax”.[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If its not worth $300 then cancel it?

Comment

Paid my extortion payment today.

Comment

Originally posted by mpotts View Post
                  The 300.00 fee is new for 2021-22 season and going forward.

I do all of our deer surveys turn them in and then have to print off all the Tags. At the end of the season send in the harvest data. And yet I have to pay the State for doing their work. Go Figure.
                  x2

Comment

I don't get it. It's voluntary. If you don't like it, don't pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                      I don't get it. It's voluntary. If you don't like it, don't pay it.
                      Well then I'm sure you won't have a problem with the new tax where you will pay for every mile that you drive. You won't get anything new or better for your money. But if you don't like it then don't drive.

For the slow learners we are being taxed to death. Just cause one tax doesn't affect you don't worry. There will be another one right around the corner that will.

Let's tax the "rich" landowners. Who will pass the cost on down to the lease hunters. Then they can ***** about the greedy landowner for raising the price of their lease.

Comment

This thread says so much about people. When the cost to hunt goes up and I post that hunting is voluntary I bet they get upset.

I hope annual license costs jumps to $200 so I can laugh. I bought my lifetime so I shouldn't care what others have to pay, right?

And I told you M16 this is how this thread would go. People simply only care when something affects them. They can't see what's happening until they get stung. Then they'll be up in arms all kind of mad asking why others don't care. It's sort of amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          This thread says so much about people. When the cost to hunt goes up and I post that hunting is voluntary I bet they get upset.

I hope annual license costs jumps to $200 so I can laugh. I bought my lifetime so I shouldn't care what others have to pay, right?

And I told you M16 this is how this thread would go. People simply only care when something affects them. They can't see what's happening until they get stung. Then they'll be up in arms all kind of mad asking why others don't care. It's sort of amazing.
                          Here is the deal... The MLDP program has grown in scale a LOT over the last 20 years. Best I can tell its 15x the size that it was in 1999. That means more people to administer the program - and that doesn't even include the biologists. Even for people that are using their own biologists, there is still work involved in maintaining any business process. I would think you and M16 would know this from basic private business knowledge. Add in the government and that is exacerbated. Without this fee (its not a tax, its a fee) at some point the system becomes unsustainable OR the people not in the program are actually paying for it.

So my argument would be that the 95% of hunters that are not on MLDP are subsidizing the plan for the 5% that aren't paying anything directly for the program. That just isn't sustainable at scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                            Here is the deal... The MLDP program has grown in scale a LOT over the last 20 years. Best I can tell its 15x the size that it was in 1999. That means more people to administer the program - and that doesn't even include the biologists. Even for people that are using their own biologists, there is still work involved in maintaining any business process. I would think you and M16 would know this from basic private business knowledge. Add in the government and that is exacerbated. Without this fee (its not a tax, its a fee) at some point the system becomes unsustainable OR the people not in the program are actually paying for it.

So my argument would be that the 95% of hunters that are not on MLDP are subsidizing the plan for the 5% that aren't paying anything directly for the program. That just isn't sustainable at scale.
                            There's no sense in trying to make a valid argument. The concept of entitlement is too commonplace these days. Everybody wants something for nothing and if it doesn't happen it just a big conspiracy against them.

Comment

The money is going directly to fund new positions state wide and to maintain and upgrade the computer system that runs it all. But I suspect you already know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                                There's no sense in trying to make a valid argument. The concept of entitlement is too commonplace these days. Everybody wants something for nothing and if it doesn't happen it just a big conspiracy against them.
                                Yep lol

Comment

Working...
                                X