Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Fall Camps Open!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
    Haha dude, hate to break it to you but Texas A&M carries just as much weight these days. This notion that the University of Texas holds way more merit bc it's UT simply isnt the case.
    So how has Texas continued to have Top 10 recruiting classes almost every year not in a coaching transition year? I hate to break it to you, a bad Texas team still recruits well and makes more money than anybody.
    Last edited by Heath; 08-04-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      Did you mean to say except?
      Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        So how has Texas continued to have Top 10 recruiting classes almost every year that its not a coaching transition year? I hate to break it to you, a bad Texas team still recruits well and makes more money than anybody.

Actually “makes more money than anybody” isn’t entirely accurate. While they do generate the most athletic revenue, they do not make the most profit. That title belongs to Texas A&M… and by a wide margin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So how has Texas continued to have Top 10 recruiting classes almost every year that its not a coaching transition year? I hate to break it to you, a bad Texas team still recruits well and makes more money than anybody.
          I was a 18 year old recruit once upon a time. Didn't give a flying flip how much money the "University made". But what 18 year old me woulda picked up from what you just said is that UT and their Top 10 classes still couldn't win consistently with multiple HC's so there's a bigger problem somewhere in there. So back to the original point, I would choose A&M if choosing between UT and A&M at this time.

Comment

I was a 18 year old recruit once upon a time. Didn't give a flying flip how much money the "University made". But what 18 year old me woulda picked up from what you just said is that UT and their Top 10 classes still couldn't win consistently with multiple HC's so there's a bigger problem somewhere in there. So back to the original point, I would choose A&M if choosing between UT and A&M at this time.
            And that is fine. My point being that Texas still being in consideration for the top recruits even in the current state of the program proves my point about Texas still carrying weight.

Comment

Take the shades off bro, that isn't what they are saying, if so they wouldn't continue to have top 10 classes. Aggy's want there to be a bigger problem there, and there just isn't. HC stability and a few more wins gets us into consistent top 5 classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                Actually “makes more money than anybody” isn’t entirely accurate. While they do generate the most athletic revenue, they do not make the most profit. That title belongs to Texas A&M… and by a wide margin.

There is a lot of ways to look at this "profit" scenario.

Texas Athletics is a self-sustaining arm of the university – has a total FY 2019-20 budget of $187 million. It fully supports itself and generates revenue for the university’s academic enterprises. It is among the few national athletics programs that receives no revenue from student fees, institutional or state sources. Far from competing with academics or financial aid for resources, Texas Athletics generates resources for students.

In FY 2019-20, Texas Athletics transferred approximately $10.7 million to the university. Similar athletics revenue in previous years allowed the university to eliminate fees for many counseling and mental health services for students. Over the past four years, Texas Athletics has transferred about $40 million, which has been used for a range of purposes benefiting students, including academic programs and chairs, subsidizing student services, and acquiring scholarly and archival materials.

They transferred a little over 12 million to the school this year.

The revenue is spent on the TOTAL athletic budget.

Comment

Embarrassing to lose this guy.

My buddies are telling me the coaching staff is in a “waiting to prove it on the field” attitude and show the kids the turn around instead of just talking about it. That’s a bold strategy and sounds terrible to me.

The only positive is the staff does feel they will be good this year. Hopefully they aren’t to far behind if that happens.
                  I don't see where he has a whole lot of choice. Cholly, and Tom used up all the BS in inventory, at some point they have no more ammo other than to win.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                    Take the shades off bro, that isn't what they are saying, if so they wouldn't continue to have top 10 classes. Aggy's want there to be a bigger problem there, and there just isn't. HC stability and a few more wins gets us into consistent top 5 classes.
                    Haha the arrogance & napoleon complex is alive and well. Trying to talk sports with Longhorn fans is impossible.

Comment

It's funny that everyone loves to whine about how much it sucks that college football has become "All about the money", and then brag about who has the most money. Not singling out anyone in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                        Potentially you are correct. However, now that you guys are in the SEC it could go the opposite direction. If UT comes in and flops, the first couple of years, it could be terrible for recruiting. I hope for y'alls sake that Sark is that guy and y'all can come in strong the first couple of years in the SEC. If Sark proves, what some of us have been saying on here, that it may not be "just the coaching" and has 3 mediocre years. Longhorn football may be extremely miserable over the next 8-10 years... #becarefulwhatyouwishfor

Comment

Can the season start already?

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

Texas Athletics is a self-sustaining arm of the university – has a total FY 2019-20 budget of $187 million. It fully supports itself and generates revenue for the university’s academic enterprises. It is among the few national athletics programs that receives no revenue from student fees, institutional or state sources. Far from competing with academics or financial aid for resources, Texas Athletics generates resources for students.

In FY 2019-20, Texas Athletics transferred approximately $10.7 million to the university. Similar athletics revenue in previous years allowed the university to eliminate fees for many counseling and mental health services for students. Over the past four years, Texas Athletics has transferred about $40 million, which has been used for a range of purposes benefiting students, including academic programs and chairs, subsidizing student services, and acquiring scholarly and archival materials.

The numbers never tell the whole story.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

I’m not really concerned with where that revenue or profit goes to. The statement was made that Texas makes more money than anyone else and that’s false. Texas A&M makes twice as much profit with only slightly less revenue generated than Texas(about 0.5% less).

Comment

The numbers never tell the whole story.
                                Your right about that! One thing that is going to get real interesting is how many new shoe brands and clothes brands get started by "boosters" at these universities. Some UT billionaire could start up a jersey company so he can pay the next group of 5star players a WHOLE lot of money to advertise his new jerseys.......... There's going to be so much shady stuff going on with college football now it's going to make the mafia look like a jewish private school! No offense to any of you jews out there..... Or mafia members either!

Comment

Working...
                                X