Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021 College Football - Fall Camps Open!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Oregon....

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
      Is Texas going to have a good defensive line? The cajuns are expected to have one of the top offensive lines in the country which will be needed bc they don't have a proven rb to begin the year.
      I would say that Texas is good to maybe very good on the DL and they have very good depth along the front. They have very good coaching there with the DC being a DL guy and Bo Davis as the position coach. They have the potential to be excellent, but potential ain't dollars in the bank.

Overall, I feel that the Longhorns will be pretty good on defense with excellent depth, experience, and pretty good overall talent on the DL, Corner, and Safety. The linebackers have had almost zero coaching until now and were mostly poor fundamentally last year, but they have some serious athleticism there. The biggest question marks on D will be how well the outside backers get to the QB and the fundamental play of the inside guys.

On offense, obviously they have two untested QB's and the WR corps is shallow and not great. Sark's offense is asking both of those to make more reads and progressions than Herman's fairly simple offense ever did and that is not likely to be something they are good at until mid-season at the earliest. They have more guys that look good in the slot than outside guys that are good at getting off press coverage. The one real outside potential difference maker tore his ACL last year and hasn't showed the athleticism that he did before that injury.

They have one all world RB and two other very good ones that will all have a role in the offense. All the RB's are good at catching the ball out of the backfield and I expect that to be utilized.

They have a bunch of bodies at TE, but no one TE is both a plus blocker and a plus receiver. They do have one TE that could be both this year, but he hasn't been a good blocker yet (he played QB in high school). The likely starter can block fairly well and has adequate hands, but isn't fast enough to be a true threat from the position.

On OL, they probably have the best overall depth that they have had since 2005-2006 (which might be ****ing with faint praise), pretty good experience, and some talented guys, but they are still largely unproven as a unit. They probably have 6 starter level players and are comfortable with nine guys overall. If their projected starting left tackle can make the leap, then their OL will probably be above average. If not, average may be a stretch.

But, I think Sark will be able to scheme around some of the deficiencies if they can avoid a rash of injuries because Bijan is a cold stud and will make the OL look good in the run game and pressure defenses to bring a man in the box.

Comment

Shew. I came in from the ledge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Hello SMU....
          FIFY!!!!

Ponies can buy good players again! They're loving the NIL!!!

Comment

Texas ran “thud” series of 11v11 for the ones and twos during a media viewing window at practice. Hudson Card took the backfield with Bijan Robinson and the one offense. Casey Thompson was with Roschon Johnson running the second offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
              Hard to imagine, but possible. Some key players coming back from injury last year will help a lot, but I heard Baylor Cupp is out injured again. Sure would be nice to be able to get those talented tight ends on the field together. Caleb Chapman should be back and he can make a real difference. Demas is working out and has a lot of talent. And the kid that was recruited at QB but has been working as a receiver - can't remember his name?

Even if we beat Alabama we have a rough ending for 3 out of the 4 games.

Auburn, Ole Miss, Prairie View then LSU, but at least we enter that after the off week - no Aggie football for Halloween.

Most Aggies are cautiously optimistic -

Is this one of the key players you speak of….

Defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson was at practice with the Aggies on Sunday, per Jeff Tarpley of GigEm247.

Back on Aug. 5, Jackson was arrested and charged with a second-degree felony for possessing a controlled substance. The Texas A&M defensive tackle was also charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. Jackson posted his $22,000 bond and was released from jail.

One day later, a Texas A&M spokesperson told The Houston Chronicle that Jackson had been suspended from all team activities. Now, Jackson is back on the field at preseason camp and was working with the first team on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Das71198 View Post
                Is this one of the key players you speak of….

Defensive tackle McKinnley Jackson was at practice with the Aggies on Sunday, per Jeff Tarpley of GigEm247.

Back on Aug. 5, Jackson was arrested and charged with a second-degree felony for possessing a controlled substance. The Texas A&M defensive tackle was also charged with misdemeanor marijuana possession. Jackson posted his $22,000 bond and was released from jail.

One day later, a Texas A&M spokesperson told The Houston Chronicle that Jackson had been suspended from all team activities. Now, Jackson is back on the field at preseason camp and was working with the first team on Sunday.

Old news broski. Already been cussed and discussed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                  Old news broski. Already been cussed and discussed.

Broski - he was just released and back at practice on Sunday. I was responding to the gentleman that said some key players were returning & he was returning. Where was it “cussed & discussed” that he was back on the field? I could not find it, unless I missed it. Did you read the last paragraph of my post? That is what I was what I was referencing.
                  Last edited by Das71198; 08-17-2021, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Broski - he was just released and back at practice on Sunday. I was responding to the gentleman that said some key players were returning & he was returning. Where was it “cussed & discussed” that he was back on the field? I could not find it, unless I missed it. Did you read the last paragraph of my post? That is what I was what I was referencing.

I assumed you were trying to make a point about him being popped for drugs(which definitely was discussed over a week ago). It’s not really surprising that he’s back on the field. Innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff.

Also to answer your original question: No. He isn’t one of the injured key players that’scoming back healthy this year.

Comment

I assumed you were trying to make a point about him being popped for drugs(which definitely was discussed over a week ago). It’s not really surprising that he’s back on the field. Innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff.

Also to answer your original question: No. He isn’t one of the injured key players that’scoming back healthy this year.

Your original assumption was not correct - the point was a key player was returning - injured or not. I guess I need to to do a better job of explaining what I mean when I make a post so I don’t get a “Broski” follow up.

Comment

Your original assumption was not correct - the point was a key player was returning - injured or not. I guess I need to to do a better job of explaining what I mean when I make a post so I don’t get a “Broski” follow up.

Well since the post you quoted said key injured players back from last season…and he was not injured…it kinda made it seem like you were trying to get at something bud.

Comment

No one cares. He had drugs. Big deal. Play football.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Luther Burden de-commits from OU. Calls it a “business decision”

It’ll be interesting to see where he lands. Don’t think this would be happening pre NIL era.

He said he wants to go where he can play and make an impact as a freshman, and, I guess, he doesn't think he can do that at OU.

I've read that either Missouri or Georgia are thought to be his landing spot, with Missouri being the favorite since he's from St. Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by texasokie2 View Post
                              He said he wants to go where he can play and make an impact as a freshman, and, I guess, he doesn't think he can do that at OU.

I've read that either Missouri or Georgia are thought to be his landing spot, with Missouri being the favorite since he's from St. Louis.
                              OU’s WR’s are some good ones, or just found a bigger bag.

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
                                I agree. Lots to learn and figure out. If our QB play can be manageable and not hurt us, I think we win 8 games. Give the ball to Bijan 25 times a game and provide safe throws for our young QB. (whichever it is).
                                I am in the same mindset with the Aggies. Hand the ball off and throw short. I would never make it in Vegas.

Comment

Working...
                                X