No announcement yet.

Hike through the Grand Canyon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will have to say, the park service chapped my backside once we got back up. They have a shuttle that will drive you from the parking lot to different areas. We were happily going to take it from the trail head to the truck even though it was only half a mile. After 4 hours with 45 pounds on your back climbing 3200 feet, you’d like to enjoy some ac and not walk. I kid you not, as I was trying to catch my breath, we were instructed to put on a mask. Apparently they consider busses federal buildings…. My wife and I both piped off that we don’t have masks and won’t be wearing any. At this point I stood up and had some choice words about how I’d rather bleeping walk and that those rules were bleeping stupid. Passengers on the bus were in disbelief that someone would speak out I guess. Lol

Didn’t even get into the fact that this wasn’t a building…. So we walked back to the truck and left from there. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

The passengers were probably more surprised that there are still adults throwing fits about wearing masks going on 2 years of covid..

Nice pictures though

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
          The passengers were probably more surprised that there are still adults throwing fits about wearing masks going on 2 years of covid..

Nice pictures though

Because they work so well, right???? Kinda like the vaccines…. [emoji849]. Go put your head back in the sand.

Comment

Awesome looking trip!!!!

Comment

I worked in the GC in 1990 and I still remember those trails. Which trail head did you use? Did you have the Kaibab Shuffle the next day? You know - short little steps? I wish I could drive there now and hike it, camp it, and own it again!

You are absolutely correct! You cannot possible achieve full appreciation of the Canyon until you get to the river and look back up!

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                I worked in the GC in 1990 and I still remember those trails. Which trail head did you use? Did you have the Kaibab Shuffle the next day? You know - short little steps? I wish I could drive there now and hike it, camp it, and own it again!

You are absolutely correct! You cannot possible achieve full appreciation of the Canyon until you get to the river and look back up!

We hiked the bright angel trail. Camped at Indian garden camp ground. So we stopped going down and threw up camp. Then went all the way to the river rest house beach. Then back up to camp for the night. The next morning we hiked out to plateau point to see the sunrise. Would have loved to have hiked the loop on the south side but we didn’t have time bc we did t get our permit until 8:45 so it would have been nice to have gotten an earlier start.

Comment

Wow great pics

Comment

That’s awesome!! Thanks for posting those pics my family and I have to do that one day

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for posting. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Also, too late now, but Next Mile Meals and Outpost Backpacking meals will knock your socks off. They are legitimately good, I randomly will pull one out and eat for lunch or dinner during the week. Give them a shot next go round.

Comment

love the pics. Been there one time and yes, pics do not nor will they ever do it justice to capture the depth and distance you see while actually standing at the canyon's edge.
                        Your pics actually get pretty close to capturing some of it though.
                        Maybe some day we can go back.

Comment

Beautiful pics

Comment

I don't know if they still do this or not but I have a friend that every year they would hike down into the canyon, camp along the river for a couple a nights then were helicoptered out. Be the only way I could make it.

Comment

Awesome.

Comment

Sweet!!!! Looks fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X