28 years ago today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Congrats to y’all for kicking the habit. I know it’s very difficult for some. My addiction wasn’t alcohol, it was tobacco. I contracted covid last Christmas and Grizzly Long Cut Straight tasted like pig poop, (I think), so I quit and haven’t had a dip since. After 50 years of dipping I’m quit 6 months and don’t miss it (mostly). Can’t imagine how y’all feel, but I have three cans in the fridge where I keep my dog’s insulin so I have to look at them twice a day every day.

Congrats again !
    I quit tobacco about 20 years ago after 20+ years of heavy smoking. It had to be another God intervention (even though I didn't know Him yet) because I quit cold turkey and have never craved a cigarette since. And that's after many years of trying to quit with every quit smoking method there is. I just looked at a cigarette one night as I was about to light it and suddenly became really aware that that little piece of paper and crushed leaves was beating me. Being a very competitive person, I just couldn't have that! I threw them in the trash can at the bar I was standing at and never looked back. Praise God!!! I've pretty much given up every vice I had, drugs, alcohol, gambling...unless you count fishing and hunting, then I'm screwed!!!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to all y'all.

Comment

My congratulations to all you who have kicked the things killin' your bodies! I have that addictive gene too. My dad was pretty much an alcoholic before I was born. I only knew him as a loving father and he used to tell me, "Son, there ain't no good in alcohol. If there was I'd have found it. Please never take that first drink and it can never control you." Praise God, I listened to him! My dad has been gone since 1999, but yet today, the older I get, the "smarter" he gets to me!!

Comment

Congratulations to all the 'Overcomers' on here. Don't give up on your achievements.
          SSlick, you get an extra congrat for never giving in to the temptation in the first place. I know where the strength comes from.

Comment

Congrats! Great accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
              I woke up in rehab. Only by the grace of God, have I not had a drink since. When I absolutely knew that I finally had to quit drinking or I'd lose my family and my job and probably my life, I truly thought I'd never have fun again without drinking. How was I gonna enjoy a night at the baseball game, a fishing or camping trip, or even a Tex-Mex dinner without beer? Fun, as I knew it, was over. While in rehab, I hit my knees and told God that I couldn't do it myself and needed His help. He is still helping me today 28 years later. That craving is never really gone but sure gets easier to ignore every day.
              Today I guarantee, I have more fun without drinking than any drunk out there!
              If your struggling and want to quit, there is a way and if I can do it, anyone can but it definitely requires complete surrender, and realizing that you can't do it alone. Admit to someone you trust and yourself that you need help. Seek God if your willing and He will help.
              What a great day!
              Bobby

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
              I was 1 year & 13 days behind you, I remember having the exact same thoughts about having fun, I found out how wrong I was. Congrats on 28 brother from another grateful alcoholic.

Comment

Working...
              X