Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

School me on diesel trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
    I used to do the same thing with the 38 gallon tank in my long bed.......... until it ran out with 15 miles to empty once. Typically if I filled it up with 10 miles to empty I would get about 36 gallons into it but I dont push my luck anymore.
    Ouch, did you burn up the fuel pump? I only let it get that low one time, and it was before I knew about the fuel pump issues. Ever since then, I never let it go below 1/4.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
      Its one of the factors that made me decide to get a long bed. How much did it run you to swap it out if you dont mind me asking? I believe the tanks are around 1k but I dont know what install labor is.
      1250 I think out the door. I would have done it myself but was headed to Florida at the end of the week and in a rush. I would do it again tomorrow. I ended up with the S&B 56 gallon.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        Ouch, did you burn up the fuel pump? I only let it get that low one time, and it was before I knew about the fuel pump issues. Ever since then, I never let it go below 1/4.
        I was lucky and it did not burn up the pump. I use Hotshot Secrets EDT in every tank so I am thinking there was still some lubricity even though fuel wasnt running through it.

Comment

Working...
        X