Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
    That's up to her and her alone to decide. Not saying I agree with it, but I respect her choice.
    Yep and others payed for it, her teammates, for "Her" decision

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
      You are comparing her quitting to not knowing her mental state or what she is going through, I just went extreme.
      Thats not extreme....thats just stupid

Comment

What about the girl that had to fill in for her at a moments notice in an event she wasn't going to compete in and got an 11... If this all about feels, what about her?

True but that young lady already is already there. There's an alternate at home that would love to be there in her place and apparently from what I've read she's had these doubts for a long while now.

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
          True but that young lady already is already there. There's an alternate at home that would love to be there in her place and apparently from what I've read she's had these doubts for a long while now.
          exactly, and maybe she was better at floor (girl that got 11). Not going at all would have been better for the team than last minute quitting. All that to say this is a BS excuse meant to draw an emotional response from people across the USA in order to keep Simon in a favorable light, even though she quit, and that was actually pretty dang selfish as it hurt others on her team and those that didn't get the chance.

Comment

Thats not extreme....thats just stupid
            How so, you are saying we don't know what she is going through, so give her a pass for quitting. I made comparison that we don't know whats going through some criminals mind so why not give them as pass? You just don't like.

Comment

The rest of this publicity stunt will drop soon enough.

Does everyone get to claim “mental health” as a force field now every time something doesn’t go how they want it to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How so, you are saying we don't know what she is going through, so give her a pass for quitting. I made comparison that we don't know whats going through some criminals mind so why not give them as pass? You just don't like.
                LOL....quitting a competition vs rapping someone against their will?

Be gone foo!

Comment

the olympics has always been about representing your country.. the day they turn their back on their own flag was the last day the olympics meant anything.

1896-2021 RIP!

thanks to the new liberal american generation ... it's OVER!
                  No other country at the Olympics has ever disgraced their own flag and what it represents!

maybe that's what's going through her head too ... just my opinion!
                  Last edited by imyomama; 07-28-2021, 09:45 AM.

Comment

LOL....quitting a competition vs rapping someone against their will?

Be gone foo!
                    So someone breaks into your truck, or your wife cheats on you, or.... Do they just get to say mental health, and its forgiven. Heck no. If having a different opinion from you makes me a fool so be it. but I won't "quit" because of some little word you typed up lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                      I feel different than a lot of you guys on this one.

Someone posted this morning on Facebook about Kerri Strug and reading it gave me the chills. The poster challenged everyone to go back and watch the video of her performance and see how she was hurt and her coach pushed her to complete the jump anyway.... even though we were gonna win gold no matter what. That decision meant that young girls career ended at 18 while the coach got to continue training new girls and being considered one of the best in his profession.

The video of her is cringe worthy. No way would a NFL coach or MLB coach tell his 22 year old star athlete to basically end their career so he could win a ring, he was already going to win, in a blowout game. Wouldn't happen.... not today anyway. Too much money on the line in professional sports but that's not the case for 99% of the Olympic athletes.

Mental health is no joke. Simone having mental health issues means she needs to take care of herself. That should be the end of discussion. I've done push ups for my friends who have come back from the war to raise awareness and I have family members who suffer with depression. It's not a little thing. They aren't weak.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                      Uh isn't that just about exactly what happened to RG3 at Washington with Shanahan? I'm sure there are other NFL examples...
                      Last edited by SC-001; 07-28-2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

So someone breaks into your truck, or your wife cheats on you, or.... Do they just get to say mental health, and its forgiven. Heck no. If having a different opinion from you makes me a fool so be it. but I won't "quit" because of some little word you typed up lol
                        Just admit comparing quitting a competition to the act of rape is just stupid

And I didn't call you a fool.....it was foo!

Now I'm off to a better butt-hurt thread!

Comment

Good financial move on her part. I can see it now. What happened to Simon? The true untold story. A book deal in the future. A sob interview with Oprah. Endorsements. Weak people love stuff like that. It reassures them that it’s okay to be a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                            That's ridiculous and laughable...........just because a book might/probably will come out of this, doesn't mean ****
                            It wouldn't matter if a book came out or not. Several of you, on this thread, already KNOW what really happened anyway! I may be wrong but there probably isn't a single person on this forum that knows what it's like to be an olympic athlete! I'm sure she wanted to compete and tried to do everything she could to. She just couldn't do it for whatever reason. Nobody can predict the future so she had no way to say, 3 months ago, that she wasn't going to be able to do her routine. I'm sure her coaches pushed and pushed and pushed to get her through it.... I mean, she is the best gymnast on the entire planet! So she may have tried to give up her spot before. We don't know any of that and we don't know what happened or why. For those of you saying she let her team down for not competing you could be completely wrong! Team USA could have walked away with nothing had she tried to continue and blew it.. I wasn't aware that so many of you guys had so much interest in gymnastics!!!

Comment

Congratulations to the young ladies that did compete and won the silver medal.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                                For those of you saying she let her team down for not competing you could be completely wrong! Team USA could have walked away with nothing had she tried to continue and blew it.
                                This is the point I was trying to make earlier...Game 7 bottom of the 9th up one run, your best closer can't find the plate, what do you do?

Comment

Working...
                                X