No announcement yet.

Simone Biles mental issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My issue is not with her decision to do what's best for herself. My issue is the girl that got left at home who would have killed for her spot.

Comment

I don't have a clue what Biles is going through. Each athlete is different and how they cope is up to them. My daughter was elite gymnast and college gymnast and I know when the mental blocks hit and you don't have the time to work through it, dangerous is and understatement. One mistake can land them in the hospital or even cripple them for life. Do I agree with her stepping aside, on the fence because I don't know the what she is dealing with. I just know that if they are not right, the end result could be horrible.

Comment

Man, major butt-hurt over this by folks who still support all those profession sports players / teams who kneel during the anthem and disrespect our flag.

Funny as hail!

Comment

Our youngest generation in the work force takes "mental health" days off. What is this?

Comment

Originally posted by bzzboyz View Post
            My issue is not with her decision to do what's best for herself. My issue is the girl that got left at home who would have killed for her spot.
            What about the girl that had to fill in for her at a moments notice in an event she wasn't going to compete in and got an 11... If this all about feels, what about her?

Comment

She has spent her entire life training for those events. Her ENTIRE life! So we know she didn't want to quit! Gymnastics IS her life, when she wakes up in the morning and when she goes to bed at night! We don't know what she is struggling with but she wasn't going to let it defeat her, in her mind. But when push came to shove and the reality set in that she couldn't force her body to do it, no matter how bad she wanted to, she handed the baton off to someone else. Did she quit? Yes. Do we know why? No
              There will be a book one day and we will all know what really happened!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                Man, major butt-hurt over this by folks who still support all those profession sports players / teams who kneel during the anthem and disrespect our flag.

Funny as hail!
                I don't support the kneeling, but didn't she just "kneel" on her team? The kneelers don't support their country and "turn their backs" but she is somehow a "hero" or positive role model for quitting. Its especially troubling given the fact that she has not been performing very well for a while, then she came into prelims, and didn't do well, same with vault in team event before quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                  She has spent her entire life training for those events. Her ENTIRE life! So we know she didn't want to quit! Gymnastics IS her life, when she wakes up in the morning and when she goes to bed at night! We don't know what she is struggling with but she wasn't going to let it defeat her, in her mind. But when push came to shove and the reality set in that she couldn't force her body to do it, no matter how bad she wanted to, she handed the baton off to someone else. Did she quit? Yes. Do we know why? No
                  We will never know the real reasons why, book or not. But we are judged on our actions. So a rapist might have been going through something, so don't judge them? That doesn't make sense just like quitting on your team during the event doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
                    That's ridiculous and laughable...........just because a book might/probably will come out of this, doesn't mean ****

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                      I don't support the kneeling, but didn't she just "kneel" on her team? The kneelers don't support their country and "turn their backs" but she is somehow a "hero" or positive role model for quitting. Its especially troubling given the fact that she has not been performing very well for a while, then she came into prelims, and didn't do well, same with vault in team event before quitting.
                      No she didn't. She made a personal decision that she couldn't perform well enough to help the team and passed her spot to the next person. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                        That's ridiculous and laughable...........just because a book might/probably will come out of this, doesn't mean ****
                        Cause errybody on this site KNOWS the real reason!

Comment

We will never know the real reasons why, book or not. But we are judged on our actions. So a rapist might have been going through something, so don't judge them? That doesn't make sense just like quitting on your team during the event doesn't.
                          You're comparing this to rape? GTO!

Comment

No she didn't. She made a personal decision that she couldn't perform well enough to help the team and passed her spot to the next person. Nothing more, nothing less.
                            Or she chose not to perform well, or just doesn't have it anymore, but there is no doubt she quit during the event. How is the "best" gymnast not performing and even quitting during the TEAM event best for the team lol

Comment

Or she chose not to perform well, or just doesn't have it anymore, but there is no doubt she quit during the event. How is the "best" gymnast not performing and even quitting during the TEAM event best for the team lol
                              That's up to her and her alone to decide. Not saying I agree with it, but I respect her choice.

Comment

You're comparing this to rape? GTO!
                                You are comparing her quitting to not knowing her mental state or what she is going through, I just went extreme.

Comment

Working...
                                X