2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrweems View Post
    I keep seeing end of season posts… I thought it just got started! Anybody with me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve shot a few this week.

Spent a whole box mopping up cripples today but ended up with 32 in 25 pops, so not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jrweems View Post
      I keep seeing end of season posts… I thought it just got started! Anybody with me?[

Congrats!
      What part of the state you hunting In? Over decoys?

Comment

2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

razrbk89, I like your ratio better than mine!

dukfvr, I’m hunting over decoys around Lake Fork. Minimal migration in this area and even fewer crops around but I still have to try!

Comment

I went snow goose hunting down here on the coast last weekend and didn’t see a goose. Im done in Texas for snow geese.

Comment

Slemp's been at it pretty good

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Medina19; 02-11-2022, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Highly recommend the boys over at Tierra Blanca outfitters in canyon. I know Jayton Marnell personally, and he hooked us up. I wasn’t able to make the hunt due to work, but I sent my two buddies and Jayton and Brett put them on a barrel burner hunt. A pile of darks and some snows as a cherry on top.

If you decide to contact em, tell them Luke Cowan sent you. They are great dudes.

Comment

Need to get back out to one of the spots with a camera now that there’s ducks lol

Comment

Me, my best friend & killin partner twdjr on here & one other friend had a good little shoot this morning near Nada. Not alot of birds seen ,but we made it count when they worked in. Ended up with 12 ,but an eagle beat us to one that sailed to another field next to us.

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
                    Highly recommend the boys over at Tierra Blanca outfitters in canyon. I know Jayton Marnell personally,

If you decide to contact em, tell them Luke Cowan sent you. They are great dudes.

I’ve hunted with them two and their other partner Carson. Hunted with Brett the most. They got a good thing going and won’t be long before they start getting some recognition. We would have had a pile of snows early in the season but as the sun got up that good ol panhandle wind got crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                      I’ve hunted with them two and their other partner Carson. Hunted with Brett the most. They got a good thing going and won’t be long before they start getting some recognition. We would have had a pile of snows early in the season but as the sun got up that good ol panhandle wind got crazy.

I went to school with Jayton. They are going to have a good thing soon for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        Me, my best friend & killin partner twdjr on here & one other friend had a good little shoot this morning near Nada. Not alot of birds seen ,but we made it count when they worked in. Ended up with 12 ,but an eagle beat us to one that sailed to another field next to us.

Nice hunt David! Good to see some killed in that area.

Comment

Couple solo shoots the past few days… getting tougher and tougher every time out
                          Attached Files

Comment

Our season was fair. The last week of the season we got a banded pintail. Band was so worn I had to send it in and have it acid etched. He was banded in 2008. Pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by txhoghunter2 View Post
                              Our season was fair. The last week of the season we got a banded pintail. Band was so worn I had to send it in and have it acid etched. He was banded in 2008. Pretty neat.
                              Congrats on the band.

Comment

Cleaned up and cleaned out my freezers the last couple weeks as I'm working through processing all my deer meat. I found a few bags of birds from last year and had some from this year that I didn't have other plans for.

Decided to make a few different flavors of waterfowl summer sausage. Made a batch of regular summer, jalapeno, and one of garlic pepper with cheese with all flavors of ducks, geese, and cranes in the mix.

It turned out great. My wife only likes waterfowl cooked a couple different ways but she will absolutely crush this stuff.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X