2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    Nice birds yall! Head out tomorrow afternoon for the weekend but not expecting much at all!
    Good Luck!

Comment

Going for a 3-peat starting in the AM

Woodie hunt tomorrow (this place has been a ghost town all year for us and last couple of years were awesome so I have to give it at least one go this season).

Found a bunch of mallards with some teal and pin’s mixed in so hoping they stay put for Saturday

Sunday is who knows but gunna be somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Had a Good & Fun hunt today. Right about daylight had a nutria swim right up to me & almost touch my leg. He was really surprised when I said Good mornin!! LOL!
        Watched a kingfisher diving for breakfast. It was very good at catching it. I was thinking it needed to go find bigger fish. It was catching little tiny minnows right around the decoys. Lots of work for small minnows,but better than no minnows, I guess. LOL! Cool little birds for sure. Wasn't a lot of birds ,but passed on the hens to shoot some drakes. Took me till 10:30,but couldn't think of anywhere else I would rather be than in God's Country!

Great late seasons plumage. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yea! You're doin' work on those stud blue wings this year. Congrats on another great hunt

Comment

Shootem up boys! The best to all over the next 3 days.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

THANKS Everyone & Good Luck to All this final weekend. Gonna be a looooong wait till Sept early teal!

Comment

THANKS Everyone & Good Luck to All this final weekend. Gonna be a looooong wait till Sept early teal!
                And that may be a very short season. Pray that the Dakotas and prairie provinces get a lot of snow and rain.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  And that may be a very short season. Pray that the Dakotas and prairie provinces get a lot of snow and rain.
                  Or no season at all. 9 & 4 wouldn't bother me one bit.

Comment

Hard to have a woodie hunt when there aren’t any woodies lol

Saw about 10-12 but way off and they were going elsewhere. Shot 1 gadwall. Really looking forward to tomorrow’s hunt though.

Comment

Had our best day in several weeks. 2 out of the 3 of us have a new taxi bill coming up. We probably had 25 mottleds land in our spread and picked out the biggest drakes we could. Killed a few green wings, spoonies, and pintails as well, just shy of a 3 man limit.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                        Had our best day in several weeks. 2 out of the 3 of us have a new taxi bill coming up. We probably had 25 mottleds land in our spread and picked out the biggest drakes we could. Killed a few green wings, spoonies, and pintails as well, just shy of a 3 man limit.

Those are some nice looking ducks.

Comment

Jason86, Panhandlehunter, our buddy Steve, and I had a fun hunt this am. Slow trickle of birds all morning.

Any day you have pintail and wigeon backpedaling in the kill hole at 15 yards is a great day.

Comment

Looks like y’all were shooting em in the face. Those are fun hunts.

Comment

Nice go-n fellers!

Comment

Way better than we though we would do today! 4 limits sitting in a boat! Every year they tell me we’re gonna have blinds next year and every year I’m sitting in a boat wishing we were hid!!

Comment

Working...
                                X