2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gander View Post
    We are covered up black belly's and have a pretty good number of fulvous, especially in the early season. They don't really decoy very well, just kinda bounce around in the fields/reservoirs we have. We used to have a whole lot more, where you could shoot a 10 man limit no problem. Now early season if you want to shoot them you could probably kill 6-10 if you get in the right area holding a few groups with a few guys. If you find yourself over in the Beaumont/Winnie are next year, shoot me a message and we'll try to work something out.
    This!!!

I made 4 guys walk in 500 yards with no lights just to set up on the corner of a rice field to not bust them out of the roost this past Sunday. All to have a chance at the 1000+ whistlers we've been busting out setting up decoys the last few hunts. All in hopes of just getting passing shots if they left our direction after shooting light because decoys mean nothing or maybe one semi pass to those suckers lol

Looks like I may be trying to sneak in a Sat AM hunt up near Dallas this weekend but will know by Friday

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      Yes, your right! I was there too . Think half of Ft. Worth chapter of DU was there also.
      I remember back in 68 or 69 DU had a meeting and duck hunt there. I was mad because I didn't get to hunt. My dad did though. I watched Texas play Arkansas in the common area and rooted for Arkansas cause I couldn't hunt. I remember it snowed that evening and dad took mom and I home and went back to hunt. Those were the days. Never got to hunt there in the heyday.

Need to grow some more peanuts...

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
        Got a limit this morning. Killed every duck that got in range & it still took till 10;30. Great morning to enjoy the outdoors! Sure is quiet across the prairie though. Very little shooting & by that I mean maybe 30 shots.

Good shooting David, nice hunt.

Comment

Fun times towards the end of the season. Hopefully we'll be able to head out one more time.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220103_115341_017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	24674393Click image for larger version

Name:	20220118_093727.jpg
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	24674394Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220103_115340_996.jpg
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	24674395

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by firemanjj82 View Post
            Fun times towards the end of the season. Hopefully we'll be able to head out one more time.[ATTACH]1077874[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1077875[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1077876[/ATTACH]

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
            Congrats! Great times there!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
              Got a limit this morning. Killed every duck that got in range & it still took till 10;30. Great morning to enjoy the outdoors! Sure is quiet across the prairie though. Very little shooting & by that I mean maybe 30 shots.

Way to grind it out and just enjoy being outdoors. I like this post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Flex, calling Flex. There's a 1999 115 OB Evinrude in the classifieds bro!

Comment

Does anyone have any 20 gauge steel shot they can spare? Trying to get a boy on his first duck Sunday! Willing to pay and meet you somewhere

Houston/Bay City area

Shoot me a pm if you got a box you can spare

Thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by buckhunter1999 View Post
                    Does anyone have any 20 gauge steel shot they can spare? Trying to get a boy on his first duck Sunday! Willing to pay and meet you somewhere

Houston/Bay City area

Thanks guys

PM sent

Comment

Houston/Bay City area

Thanks guys

I live in college station but will be in the Houston area Saturday eveningish. I believe cypress area maybe a little further into Houston. I’ve got a box or two or steel for the 20.

Comment

Houston/Bay City area

Thanks guys

I can help you out. I’ll be around El Campo Friday thru Sunday

Comment

Houston/Bay City area

Thanks guys

20 gauge #4 lead will knock in smooth out.

Just write Let's Go Brandon on the box and you're good to go!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

I sure appreciate all the gestures guys! I think we got some found!!

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
                              Had a good hunt Saturday morning and slept in on Sunday. Looking forward to this weekend. Might be heading up to Palestine to shoot some Trinity River mallards and woodies!

The new pup Hank has retrieved roughly 40 birds in the 4 hunts he has been on. He's definitely off to a good start! He'll get dropped off at the trainer for a couple of months after duck season closes. Excited to see his progress.

Patterson can smile!?

who knew

Comment

Had a good hunt in the wind this morning. Got 2 teal & a wigeon. Not a lot moving ,but great to be alive enjoying the closing end of the season. Already going into depression. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X