2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Congrats on the birds Dave! That beats a one-r!
    Thanks & Good Luck to you the next couple of mornings!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Congrats everyone! Great hunts & pics.

We ended up with 9 today for me & my son.
      Congrats David and John and all the TBH Duck Hunters. My son Dustin came in from Little Rock Air Force Bass for the long weekend. We had a mixed bag of 10. Blessed to be able to enjoy great days afield!
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by buckerup View Post
        Congrats David and John and all the TBH Duck Hunters. My son Dustin came in from Little Rock Air Force Bass for the long weekend. We had a mixed bag of 10. Blessed to be able to enjoy great days afield!
        Congrats My Friend!

Comment

4 of us got 16 this morning. Mostly grey ducks. Pond was half iced over when we set decoys and completely froze over when we left outside 4 holes where the splashers were! 16 here this morning. Headed for breakfast!

Comment

Put together a solid strap at Moody Ranch. Awesome place and a pleasure to get to hunt there this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Put together a solid strap at Moody Ranch. Awesome place and a pleasure to get to hunt there this morning.

Which moody ranch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I think the moody in Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                  Which moody ranch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Moody Outfitters in Anderson

Comment

I saw a first for me today. Biggest flight of common mergansers I've ever seen. 20-25. They landed outside my spread just past it, and into the wind of course. And really put on a show. They turned around and started down wind diving. Everybody would dive at one time. And everybody came up at the same time. If someone was slow to dive or surface, they would try to get ahead of the group when on top, which wasn't very often. They were really swimming very very fast, both under the water and above it. They swam 100 yards down wind. Then worked around in a circle, and back into the wind in front of my spread. The way they were working reminded me of waterturkeys when they lineup and drive the shad to the back of a cove in coordination. Only waterturkeys don't all surface and dive at the same time. I've shot both common and hooded mergansers a number of times before. But the size of this group was a real surprise for me.

Comment

Very cool sighting. Was that the extent of your duck hunt?

Comment

Shot our 5 man of redheads with some bonus buffies and a pintail on the coast today. Good times with good people.

Comment

Me & the son started out good & had 6 down in short order. Then it shutdown totally. We sat there for 3+ more hours & didn't see 10 ducks.

Comment

Congrats Pin Oak & Jeep guy on some good hunts!

Cool sight Mike watching the lawn darts. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post

Shot our 5 man of redheads with some bonus buffies and a pintail on the coast today. Good times with good people.

Congratulations, nice shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post

Congratulations, nice shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X