2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
    Anyone seeing Blue and Green wing teal around. Looking for a guide hunt some where east or south - southwest of Houston.

There is a gazillion teal on the coast right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got out for a hunt between moving this am. Pretty big tank. Saw a bunch of birds early but conditions didn't work for our setup.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Kid and I are sitting in the marsh. We have had exactly 4 birds to shoot at. Letting him shoot. Started with a scalp and he now killed a drake Goldeneye and Pinnie- all lost singles. Have seen maybe two dozen birds total.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Kid and I are sitting in the marsh. We have had exactly 4 birds to shoot at. Letting him shoot. Started with a scalp and he now killed a drake Goldeneye and Pinnie- all lost singles. Have seen maybe two dozen birds total.
          Congrats to him! Amazing how that hunting has fallen off down there. I used to go just to watch the clouds of redheads

Comment

Not a single redhead seen this morning so far. We did shoot another Goldeneye

Comment

They have had virtually no reason to come down here yet

Comment

Congrats again to all.

While deer hunting yesterday evening, I heard a big group of wigeons last night right at last light when I got out to go track a doe. Would have loved to been out there this morning blasting away. But got deer to grind.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
                  They have had virtually no reason to come down here yet
                  Some of these birds migrate from length of daylight & they aren't here in numbers either. Weird season.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Congrats again to all.

While deer hunting yesterday evening, I heard a big group of wigeons last night right at last light when I got out to go track a doe. Would have loved to been out there this morning blasting away. But got deer to grind.

Congrats on the doe!!

Comment

Thanks Dave . It was my first sit for deer there on public lake since 2017 (when I killed my last there). It's bow only there for deer and pigs. This is the first year I've been able to deer hunt since 2017. And my second deer. First kill this year was on a "TPW draw hunt". Got the next two weeks off. So, gonna try to pack the freezer with deer and ducks between the other obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        Thanks Dave . It was my first sit for deer there on public lake since 2017 (when I killed my last there). It's bow only there for deer and pigs. This is the first year I've been able to deer hunt since 2017. And my second deer. First kill this year was on a "TPW draw hunt". Got the next two weeks off. So, gonna try to pack the freezer with deer and ducks between the other obligations.
                        Heck public & bow! Even bigger congrats! Good luck on the packing!!! Merry Chritmas & Happy New Year!!

Comment

Thank you sir. And may you and your family have a great and Merry Christmas, and a Blessed New Year.

Well, since we're at it, Merry Christmas to every one on here!

Comment

Successful Lake Somerville hunt yesterday with RockTippedStick and my youngest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats to all.

Comment

Congrats to Y'all Bryan!

Comment

Working...
                                X