Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
    Anyone?
    There is some good walk in public hunting on the brazos not too far from CS.

I would take y'all out but i am about an hour away from CS and I do not have anybody to watch my other two kids saturday am to be able to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
      There is some good walk in public hunting on the brazos not too far from CS.

I would take y'all out but i am about an hour away from CS and I do not have anybody to watch my other two kids saturday am to be able to go.

Pretty hard to get to the Brazos around college station let alone find public land to walk down to so I’m honestly impressed that you know a spot. I hunted the Brazos Saturday and there was virtually no birds flying it, you will have better luck on the smaller rivers feeding into the Brazos around the CS area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
        Pretty hard to get to the Brazos around college station let alone find public land to walk down to so I’m honestly impressed that you know a spot. I hunted the Brazos Saturday and there was virtually no birds flying it, you will have better luck on the smaller rivers feeding into the Brazos around the CS area.

By close to CS I mean 30minutes to an hour north... That should be specific enough if you know the river.

I am outboard less this year so I am hunting any private tanks I can find and I guess walking the river.

Comment

Thanks to both of you guys. I knew this was going to be a shot in the dark but you never know when someone has something going and willing and wanting to hunt a different area as well one weekend. Still open if someone has anything, If not I would be willing to set something else up with a trade for another area on a different weekend as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            By close to CS I mean 30minutes to an hour north... That should be specific enough if you know the river.

I am outboard less this year so I am hunting any private tanks I can find and I guess walking the river.

Gotcha, I know where now. I’ll say we accessed it about 30 minutes south of CS this past weekend and it was extremely slow. The 3 rivers we checked Dumping into the Brazos in that area all had ducks in the creek, the majority of them being green-heads.

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
              Thanks to both of you guys. I knew this was going to be a shot in the dark but you never know when someone has something going and willing and wanting to hunt a different area as well one weekend. Still open if someone has anything, If not I would be willing to set something else up with a trade for another area on a different weekend as well.

Anytime. My buddy scouted everything around Somerville Tuesday and it’s just not worth it for the weekend shoot. I’ll be hitting the deer woods Saturday unless something drastic changes. We will stay in touch and hopefully get the little man a fully plumed out late season bird.

Comment

We need rain! I have a little water in low ends and there’s quite a few around (plus geese, of course ��*��), but we need some big rain to maintain anything.

Probably 1500 or so in the field I checked yesterday but nothing to write home about yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  We need rain! I have a little water in low ends and there’s quite a few around (plus geese, of course ��*��), but we need some big rain to maintain anything.

Probably 1500 or so in the field I checked yesterday but nothing to write home about yet.
                  There was zero water around Stuttgart last week when I went through. I may be up around Hazen next weekend. Hopefully there is water and birds if I go.

Comment

Anyone know anything about the Arroyo Colorado or South Bay area around Arroyo City? I'm thinking of of trying out a little blast and cast Thanksgiving weekend. I think I know of a couple decent spots towards the bay, but am wondering if maybe I should try further up the Arroyo into the marshes.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Shot my 6 this am was hot and heavy

Comment

To everyone going out this weekend with all these reports of a strong flight following the front:

Shoot some for me while I’m going to a family thanksgiving out of town.

Good luck!

Comment

Have fun. There are no ducks in Texas...

Comment

Yall have fun in the morning!

I've gotta do quarterly labs. And a few other test.

Comment

Hitting it in the am. 3 generation hunt.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a pretty good morning yesterday with a good variety. Got pintail, gadwall, widgeon, and spoonie drakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X