X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been seeing gadwall on several tanks this past week

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
      Well, the hull was split on this one... Took it out to run when I picked it up and noticed some water in it when I pulled the plug. Took it out a couple days later and my feet got wet while catfishing. Hit the bilge, packed my stuff and headed 5 miles back to the ramp. Trailered with 4 inches of water in the hull. Crawled under and found a crack. Called Wayside. They gave me approval to weld it and they'd cover cost. After it got welded on, we had a huge rainstorm. I lowered the trailer to make sure the weld sealed it properly. It did, but water was streaming down from the start of the bow and all along the keel.
      Called Wayside back and they told me to take it back. Once they inspected it, they agreed that it was a bad buy. They had just received another 1860 with more accessories and we were able to trade out paperwork.
      It sucks that the first boat was faulty, but I gotta give a shout out to Wayside for the way they handled the situation. They were very apologetic and the owner even made time to go to the store and personally apologize to me.

As for ducks, they are down south already. SPI was loaded with them and I saw more than a few flights down in Falcon this last week on my days off.

Good luck to all the youth going out this weekend

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
      Sorry you had to go through all that. Hope the new one holds up better.

I did structural warranty repair for Tracker in the 5 state region for a few years, up to 2005. I was hoping the engineers would have gotten things corrected by now. Also did work for a few other mfgs. But mostly Tracker back when I was doing it.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Little Girl and I will be in the Marsh Saturday for the youth opener. This will be her first duck hunt and I am pretty excited.

Comment

y'all been seeing anymore birds moving in? The tank in town that they usually roost on has had a few birds start moving in but nothing too crazy yet.

Comment

I haven’t been seeing any birds until this morning. A lot of coots, some puddle ducks and Canadians came down with the front.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
              Little Girl and I will be in the Marsh Saturday for the youth opener. This will be her first duck hunt and I am pretty excited.
              Good Luck to Y'all!!

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post

Hope she gets her first! As a father of a daughter, I remember when mine got her first duck. Hope you get to experience that joy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post
                  Well, the hull was split on this one... Took it out to run when I picked it up and noticed some water in it when I pulled the plug. Took it out a couple days later and my feet got wet while catfishing. Hit the bilge, packed my stuff and headed 5 miles back to the ramp. Trailered with 4 inches of water in the hull. Crawled under and found a crack. Called Wayside. They gave me approval to weld it and they'd cover cost. After it got welded on, we had a huge rainstorm. I lowered the trailer to make sure the weld sealed it properly. It did, but water was streaming down from the start of the bow and all along the keel.
                  Called Wayside back and they told me to take it back. Once they inspected it, they agreed that it was a bad buy. They had just received another 1860 with more accessories and we were able to trade out paperwork.
                  It sucks that the first boat was faulty, but I gotta give a shout out to Wayside for the way they handled the situation. They were very apologetic and the owner even made time to go to the store and personally apologize to me.

As for ducks, they are down south already. SPI was loaded with them and I saw more than a few flights down in Falcon this last week on my days off.

Good luck to all the youth going out this weekend

That is a common problem with those boats….. keep that welder on speed dial if you decide to keep the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                    Good Luck to Y'all!!
                    Thanks David I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                      Hope she gets her first! As a father of a daughter, I remember when mine got her first duck. Hope you get to experience that joy as well.
                      Thank you sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Tannercall View Post
                        Who's ready for big duck szn!

Headed up to Lubbock area tomorrow for public land. Gonna be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I just realized I may be stuck in the Amarillo area for the weekend...
                          Good luck to all

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            That is a common problem with those boats….. keep that welder on speed dial if you decide to keep the boat.
                            This. Owned one and it was the biggest pos I've ever owned. Within a year it was completely trashed and I had he'll trying to get them to take care of it... oh they would but just had to ship it up to Missouri or somewhere.

Comment

Myself and my boys (7 and 5) drew the December 4th weekend at the Carl Frentress Richland Creek WMA. Got drawn a couple of years ago and had a blast with my now 7 year old. Likely the last year for my yellow lab (11 years old) but he's pretty dang spry for his age so who knows. Been working him into shape the last couple of weeks. Really looking forward to the 4 of us all getting out there together, since it may be the only year it lines up. Besides that, just waiting until the birds show up at the farm tanks for a shoot or two. Good luck to you public hunters! I enjoyed it in my early 20's, but life caught up!

Comment

Little girl is ready, here we go!
                                [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                                X