2021-2022 Duck Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for a good guide for choke canyon?

That place is gonna be a mad house this year. Curious to see how the lake in general does with water level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My buddy and I were lucky enough to draw a weekend hunt on the Carl Fentress unit in early January. I used to hunt the lake some time back but have never hunted the WMA. Looking at it on google earth the moist soil units look mostly the same with some just having a little more cover than others. If anyone has any insight I’d appreciate it on how compartments are assigned or flight patterns of the birds you’ve seen. I don’t think we are allowed to scout so we may be going in blind.

Comment

Did a thing to open up more options. Hope the investment pays off

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post

Very nice Alex I’m sure it will treat you well

Comment

Anybody else excited for the opener this weekend? Birds are starting to show up thick.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
              Anybody else excited for the opener this weekend? Birds are starting to show up thick.

Unless you are youth hunti g south zone, I think you are a week early.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldensammy View Post
                Unless you are youth hunti g south zone, I think you are a week early.

No sir. Mallard high plains opens.

Comment

I'm excited for the opener, but South Zone doesn't start until 11/6.

Regular Season

High Plains Mallard Management Unit Oct. 30 - 31, 2021 Nov. 5, 2021 - Jan. 30, 2022
                  North Zone - Nov. 13 - 28, 2021 Dec. 4, 2021 - Jan. 30, 2022
                  South Zone - Nov. 6 - 28, 2021 Dec. 11, 2021 - Jan. 30, 2022

Comment

No sir. Mallard high plains opens.

You are right. I forget about that zone as I have never hunted it. Good luck. Kill a pile.

Comment

Got the blinds all brushed in. Now need the ducks to show up within the next few weeks.

Comment

Seen a couple groups of big ducks flying around fishing Sat morning. First I've seen this year. Got one Oklahoma trip lined up with little man already! He likes chasing ducks! More shots fired and you don't have to be quiet!

Comment

Regarding flying with a gun and ammo, I know the gun has to be in a locked case. Does ammo have to be in a locked case as well?

I've heard it depends on the airline if they allow gun and ammo in the same case or require it to be separated.

Any advice?

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                            Bill byers hunt club is loaded up with specks
                            When are they not?!?

Comment

Originally posted by gatorgar View Post

Well, the hull was split on this one... Took it out to run when I picked it up and noticed some water in it when I pulled the plug. Took it out a couple days later and my feet got wet while catfishing. Hit the bilge, packed my stuff and headed 5 miles back to the ramp. Trailered with 4 inches of water in the hull. Crawled under and found a crack. Called Wayside. They gave me approval to weld it and they'd cover cost. After it got welded on, we had a huge rainstorm. I lowered the trailer to make sure the weld sealed it properly. It did, but water was streaming down from the start of the bow and all along the keel.
                              Called Wayside back and they told me to take it back. Once they inspected it, they agreed that it was a bad buy. They had just received another 1860 with more accessories and we were able to trade out paperwork.
                              It sucks that the first boat was faulty, but I gotta give a shout out to Wayside for the way they handled the situation. They were very apologetic and the owner even made time to go to the store and personally apologize to me.

As for ducks, they are down south already. SPI was loaded with them and I saw more than a few flights down in Falcon this last week on my days off.

Good luck to all the youth going out this weekend

Comment

Who's ready for big duck szn!

Comment

Working...
                                X