No announcement yet.

Ontario Black Bear Hunt 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two going, really need a third hunter. They are baiting bears now but don't have but a few hunters. We will see plenty of bears and fishing should be best ever after almost two years of border closure.

Comment

No issues getting into Canada? Our outfitter is saying our mule deer hunt in Alberta probably won’t happen.

Comment

need to be fully vaccinated at least 20 days before crossing border and a negative covid test within 72 hours and have a plan/place to quarantine if you get covid while in Canada for 14 days. Entry back into US is no problem for citizens.

Comment

Send pix.

I want to do this next year. Just got back from Botswana last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangefinder View Post
            Wells that’s no good sorry to hear that. So I’m assuming that doctors or who ever has 100% can prove it’s all from the shot? I’m just curious because I have gotten the shot a long time ago and I’m fine and I’m headed to Newfoundland for a moose hunt in September.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Who are you hunting with in Newfoundland?

Comment

Island safaris

Comment

Originally posted by Gerald G View Post
                Who are you hunting with in Newfoundland?
                Island safaris

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                  I might have some blank cards if anyone needs them.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Will the outfitter or you pick me up if I swim the river?

Comment

Lmao

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Hunt bump, I would go but I'm not vaccinated. This is a good hunt to go on for anyone of any age. Billy has lots of stories of past hunts and everyone their is great to get along with. Pack a rain suit if you go. I went four yrs ago and the weather was perfect, 48 was the low and I think it got up to around 80, never rained till the day we left, I will eventually go back, if not for the bear but to fish and the scenery is something to behold. Even if you like to just ride around on utvs there's some amazing trails. I'll try to post some pics

Comment

Leaving September 7, will start hunt on the 9th. Only two going, still have room for one or two. Outfitter says all baits are being hit. Hardly any hunters so far this season.

Comment

Leaving next Tuesday as long as we pass Covid PCR test. Only two going so it will be tough drive. Should be hunting Thursday. Cell service is limited but I will try to update hunt as we go.

Comment

Man I wish I could squeeze this, sounds like an awesome trip! Please share update when you can!

Comment

Hunt was tough. Rain everyday. Lows in the forties. Bears were starting their pre hibernation diet which limits the sweets and feed we were using. Only 8 bears killed out of 14 hunters for the whole season. Had pix of three bears over 300# but never when we were on that particular bait. Three hunters, 14 baits only 3-4 hit each day. Left three days early due to funeral back home. Very few hunters came to Canada. Next year we will be there prior to August 15. PCR Covid testing was a pain. Border crossing was simple with ArriveCanada program.

Comment

Working...
                                X