Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2021-2022 Coldgas Memorial Panhandle Hunting Thread (9th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
    I always watch this thread but don't comment too much since I rarely deer hunt anymore. I do have an old high school buddy coming up to hunt this weekend so I will go out with him. We will be rifle hunting though. Now days I mostly hunt pigs and coyotes, mostly at night with thermal, plus some daytime calling.

I knew Jody for probably 5-6 years before his passing. Good man.

I bet a lot of you guys drive right by my work on the way up to hunt. On the east side of 83, about a mile south of Wellington. Anyone who wants to stop in and BS for a minute is welcome.
    Take him up on this invite. Great person to meet.

Comment

Well, we are headed home early. Bucks are still bachelored up. We put Axel on doe patrol. Be back in two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
        Well, we are headed home early. Bucks are still bachelored up. We put Axel on doe patrol. Be back in two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
        Congrats to that youngster! If she blows she goes!

Comment

Got an interesting set of picture last night that looked pretty suspect. I called Coby Sanders the Gray County Game Warden after 9pm, apologized for calling so late and explained the pics. Before I could get the pics sent he was in route to see if he could catch what looked like to both of us someone poaching one of my pastures. Less than 20min later he calls laughing and explains that it's the guys on a combine planting the field. I apologized for wasting his time and he sincerely told me to call ANYTIME. That's the 3rd dealings I've had with Coby and have had several with Jared the Wheeler Co GW. They have all been seamless and it sure is nice having that peace of mind when you're over 8 ours away.

I'll be up on Friday boys! Hope the bucks are getting on their feet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For those asking, My name is Jeff and I am production manager at Plas-Mac, Inc. We custom build water and foam tanks for fire trucks. Big silver metal building with a white roof a mile south of Wellington on 83, east side of the road. I will be bailing out of there at 3 tomorrow though, taking an old friend from out of town out to hunt. Anyone who wants my phone number send me a pm and I will send it to you. Mostly I hunt out around Lutie between Wellington and Shamrock, but also out north of Quail. Plus several other areas around the county. My son farms out around Quail and north of there, plus some SE of McLean.

Speedgoat, I sure do like seeing those young ones with successful hunts.
            Last edited by Jethro; 11-11-2021, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Hadn’t posted much in a long time....Taking out my 9 and 12 year old this weekend and hoping to get them on one of these deer. Had the super wide 8 in during youth weekend but my oldest couldn’t get steady enough to make the shot.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
                Hadn’t posted much in a long time....Taking out my 9 and 12 year old this weekend and hoping to get them on one of these deer. Had the super wide 8 in during youth weekend but my oldest couldn’t get steady enough to make the shot.
                Good to see you on here again, good luck to those kids getting one of those hosses on the ground. Look forward to LDPs . I'll be in Kent Co chasing a good one with the stick this weekend, hope they are moving!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                  Good to see you on here again, good luck to those kids getting one of those hosses on the ground. Look forward to LDPs.
                  x2!

Comment

Originally posted by kry226 View Post
                    x2!
                    First time in 2 years that I'm caught up Christmas light installs, and soccer and baseball tourneys and leagues just worked out perfect for this season. I'm always on, but just havent posted. Finally have something to contribute. Good luck this weekend to everyone in the panhandle!

Comment

Anyone seen any chasing yet?

Comment

Things seemed really slow this weekend from what we saw and from folks I talked to. Not much movement in areas I usually see a lot. We weren't hunting feeders though.

Comment

Based on what I'm seeing on the cell cams, I think it's been pretty warm this past week.

Comment

I have had 5 different bucks on my camera in the last 24hrs all coming in solo 3 of which I have not seen since september. seems like its time to be in the stand!

Comment

[QUOTE=Jethro;15923362]I always watch this thread but don't comment too much since I rarely deer hunt anymore. I do have an old high school buddy coming up to hunt this weekend so I will go out with him. We will be rifle hunting though. Now days I mostly hunt pigs and coyotes, mostly at night with thermal, plus some daytime calling.

I knew Jody for probably 5-6 years before his passing. Good man.

I bet a lot of you guys drive right by my work on the way up to hunt. On the east side of 83, about a mile south of Wellington. Anyone who wants to stop in and BS for a minute is welcome.[/QUOTE
                              I wish I would have saw this earlier we were in Wellington opening weekend at the ER with my boy getting thorn cut out of his finger!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tford4 View Post
                                Hey guys I’m Jodys nephew. This was his favorite time of year and enjoyed talking too y’all and loved meeting y’all even more! I hope everyone has a great season! Shoot straight
                                Cody Tyler, we meet again...

Post up the pics of that beast you killed for these folks!

Comment

Working...
                                X