Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Can Am Fire Juarez, MX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Am Fire Juarez, MX

Alright, who pizzed off the cartel? My neighbor buddy who is a fire marshal just told me about a fire at a Can Am assembly plant in Juarez. First I’d heard of it. I’d imagine this could delay my Can Am Defender purchase even longer.

The Quebec-based recreational products company says a fire Saturday in the Juarez 2 facility’s storage yard destroyed some units representing about six days of production

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a particular reason why they thought Juarez would be a suitable location for their plant?

Asking for a friend with common sense.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

So a Canadian company selling a crap load of these machines to Americans is made in Juarez?...makes sense...

Comment

There’s a can am storage lot in El Paso off 10. They got units stacked up ready to go on freight trucks. They must move em from Mexico to there.

Comment

saw the fire on Tik Tok look like a real blaze.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            So a Canadian company selling a crap load of these machines to Americans is made in Juarez?...makes sense...
            right

Comment

I read it was the plant that makes Mavericks, not defenders. But who knows, bad deal for sure.

Comment

I have a 2021 Can Am X3 XMR 195 hp Turbo for sale.....

Bunch of extras added on......

$30K.....12 hours and 149 miles.....

impulse buy, not sure why I bought it

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
                  My first thought as well.

Then you about it and that's becoming the norm.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

So if they are way behind on production because of semi conductor shortage, how does building another assembly plant resolve that issue? From what I am reading, this will be their third plant in Juarez. The fire was at plant Juarez plant number 2, so I would assume there is also a plant number 1.

I have been saying for years, that the reason MSD is located in El Paso, is they have had a bunch of products produced in Juarez. Most likely the El Paso location, is for show and warehouse.

Comment

Say it ain’t so

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Say it ain’t so
                        It ain't so.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                          Is there a particular reason why they thought Juarez would be a suitable location for their plant?

Asking for a friend with common sense.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
                          Because Afghanistan was too far? They are about equal in being safe.

Comment

Working...
                          X