Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For any hog hunters that like custom projects!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very impressive, Do you make any that you sell?

Comment

nice work

Comment

That's a neat rig.

Comment

Man that is great.

Comment

Originally posted by head View Post
            I agree 100%! I love the way it means something personal to you, the functionality of it and most of all the way the tooling gives the whole thing the perfect touch of chartacter! Congrats on the completed project and a job well done at that!
            Well the reason I not really keen to tooling is as a kid Pop bought me a Skye Special saddle that was dark leather and a all floral tooling on the skirts and pommel. That thing took FOREVER to clean cuz you had to get all the saddle soap that was stuck down in the tooling out and was a PIA. Took me 2-3 hours scrubbing my saddle, took dad only 15-30 minutes on his slick leather roping saddle

Also Jhunter's tooling looks more like something you would find from the 1800's and is just to dang cool!!! I had to send the pics to some leatherworking buds of mine, they're flipping out!

Comment

that my friend is some impressive work right there!

Comment

will answer pm's after work and thanks everyone!

Comment

PM's Sent and now to answer the questions-

The bullet covering is mostly protecting the bullets which protects your bore in your gun. Squat down and get dirt or mud on the bullets then when you shoot them you have grit at high pressure going down the barrel. Hog hunting is a mud infested sport most of the time.

The cross draw is my preferance. You draw horozontal with cross draw...animals are more horizontal than vertical. Strong arm the draw is vertical and for vertical targets....The gun also sits high on the hip so running, stalking, riding etc it does not hang brush or slap around on your leg went you are trying to move in the brush.

I do sell some stuff, I trade hunts, and give most as gifts to people. I have some other leather work posted if you search my name but I do belts, hat bands, bow wrist straps, gun slings, and knife sheaths. PM me and I will send you some links or I can email pics of stuff I have done.

Comment

Thats really cool, best thing is you made it yourself.

Comment

wow, beyond professional!!! That would guaranteed bring you $$$. Something that custom with that amount of time is priceless. The trees are awesome. Thats the best ive seen. Bet theres some old time leather workers that would roll in thier grave to see that. you never see the "old style" tooling anymore...all to commercialized. I can only imagine the P.I.TA factor on getting it all right. Well done....well done.....

Comment

That is some sweet leather work. good job

Comment

that is an awesome piece of leather work.........nicely done.......

Comment

Awesome work there! You definately have a talent!

Comment

Thanks yall been thinking of make designing another for a 22 what do yall think of a raccon theme?

Comment

Nice work!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X