Must do in life - Whale Sharks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must do in life - Whale Sharks

I posted in my ongoing travel post but this is a top 10 for me. We have been in Isla Mujeres for about 2 weeks. Fished some and today went and swam with Whale Sharks and Manta Rays for second time this trip. When we got there this morning there were alot of boats so we changed gears and pulled ballyhoo for a few hours. Fishing this time of year is mostly small dorado but we were just killing time. Once most of the boats left the area we pulled in and found the whale sharks. They were relaxed and easy to swim with for 10-15 minutes at a time. No other boats around. Even got to watch one in the “bottle” position or up/down for about 4-5 minutes. After that went and swam with 3 manta rays again only boat around and rays were relaxed. Ill post some pics now and some video in another week or so when I get back to the states. Shot 25 minutes of video on two swims then just left cameras and enjoyed

If you want to experience this. Mid July - mid August best. Find a local and book private boat. Our trips were about $700 for 7-8 hours. Well worth it. We saw at least 40 whale sharks
    Attached Files

Too cool.

Comment

Supercool

Comment

Wow Glen, great experience and great pics!

Comment

Now by George that if just flat out cool!! Glen you and your bride are doin' it up right!!! Mighty proud for ya! Keep the reports and pixels comin' sir!

Comment

Sent PM. We’re here now and would like contact info.

Comment

Brandon sent- Guide will video you and send you files to download or let him use a card for GoPro and they will hand you card when your done-

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

wow

Comment

Incredible!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats incredible! Glad yall are having a good trip!

Comment

Cool! Iv never dove with them. But I worked offshore for a while and got to see some swim by. Incredible sight

Comment

Awesome adventure right there!

Comment

That’s incredible

Comment

Bad to the bone .
                              I got to see a whale shark off the Galveston jettys several yrs back, but nothing like that!

Comment

Working...
                              X