No announcement yet.

Eco tuning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a f150 4x4 with the 5.0 engine. Low rolling resistance tires got me an additional 2 mpg. I forget what brand they were. I put a lot of highway miles on it.

Comment

I don't know a lot about this topic, but I can say with confidence that I gained 2-3 MPG city (hand calculated) on my 2008 Ram 4.7 with a Superchips tuner, running MileageXS and a K&N air filter in the stock box. Highway mileage went up about the same even cruising at 80-85 the entire way from Dallas to Lubbock.

But if you look it up, that year model with that engine has significant gains due to the changes in the engine that came that year. The engine potential wasn't utilized that year with the factory settings, from what I read tuned right you can have it put out as much power as the 07 Hemi, but I never messed with it that much. Those gains aren't typical, but it did make a significant difference on my truck. Much more fun to drive: faster acceleration and WAY better shift points. The shift point alone is worth the tuner price for anyone with an older Ram.

Comment

Working...
      X