No announcement yet.

Spraying fields GPS app

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, so all of my fields are mapped on the app. I use the Garmin GLO Bluetooth. Maybe I'm getting confused on wifi vs cell service. Please do send a photo when you think of it.

Tracey

Comment

I have used Tractor Navigator and Windrow (both free apps in the Apple App Store) and they work OK. I am not spraying one big field, but several that are 3-7 acres per field. It definitely made it easier, and it was essentially free. Did eat some battery, but wasn't terrible. I looked into it a lot, and looked at Trimble and some others, but couldn't see spending that much $$ when the worst thing that would happen to me is I would have a streak in my food plots.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I have a foam maker and it works pretty good. But going to try the 2 window programs mentioned above.

Comment

I finally got around to trying one of the programs. Field Navagator works pretty good. It only give you 10 free tries then the cost is $10 per month, $99 per year or $149 lifetime. . I am also looking at Apple Tractor GPS. I need to look at the one more. I think it cost more. I might be tempted to get rid of my foam machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4195.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	376.2 KB
ID:	26751527

Comment

Thanks Stan. It loks like i need to upgrade my app. Im glad it works for you.

Comment

Following

Comment

I finally gave up on Field Navigator and bought a Trimble 350. If you decide to go field a navigator I have a Garmin GLO I'll sell for $50. The new version seemed to work a better but the offset was always off too much for me. Could have been operator error.

Comment

I just saw a spray drone on aliexpress. Could be a game changer....

Comment

Originally posted by waffles View Post
                      I'm using a boom less sprayer, so foam isn't a option. I have 2 xt010 nozzles on back of a 500 gallon tank.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                      I didn't like my boomless and went back to booms but that was a personal decision I wasn't getting the atomizing I wanted with the boomless. I did cut down boom length a little since I have trees to navigate. Tried dye but that gets expensive in a hurry !! I spray 28 acres couple times a yr......

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4867.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	26762152 These work really well, and get be gotten used for cheap on EBay. Trimble ez-guide250. You can put your boom width length in and it will paint your track for you. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4867.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	261.0 KB
ID:	26762151

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post

I didn't like my boomless and went back to booms but that was a personal decision I wasn't getting the atomizing I wanted with the boomless. I did cut down boom length a little since I have trees to navigate. Tried dye but that gets expensive in a hurry !! I spray 28 acres couple times a yr......
                          I went back and forth about getting a boom or boomless, ended up going with a boomless, it actually has a small boom, I think they call it a longhorn boom, made by Ag Spray, got a 225 gallon three point, I am only using it for food plots for the most part, largest plot is about 20 acres, the others are 3 - 6 acres, not sure how I will determine where I have sprayed, probably just wing it.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post

I went back and forth about getting a boom or boomless, ended up going with a boomless, it actually has a small boom, I think they call it a longhorn boom, made by Ag Spray, got a 225 gallon three point, I am only using it for food plots for the most part, largest plot is about 20 acres, the others are 3 - 6 acres, not sure how I will determine where I have sprayed, probably just wing it.
                            those sizes I would wing it, same as I do on my 28..........mine is pasture and it's obvious where I miss strips but I live here and can go back over it........I tried dye and it was waste of money for my size......if you can see tire tracks it's pretty simple if you know how far your spray goes, for me it's not worth it to use gps, If I had actual farm ground I would, I'm in hay country and most of spraying is contracted out but I don't bale mine, wife's horses not mine.........

Comment

I used up the free tries on field navagator. Tried to pay and I ram imto isses.

A friend says he uses a aspple program called GPS Tracks. It has a free version and a paid version. Going to try that this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X