No announcement yet.

Jamaican Resorts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do some research on recent stays in Jamaica. There has been a significant uptick in tourist related crime. I'd consider going somewhere else. There are much safer and nicer tropical destinations. The State department (for what it's worth right now) recommends avoiding travel to Jamaica.

Comment

I've always heard a lot of good things about a place down there called Hedo.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
        2nd this. This place is top notch. We went there for our honeymoon. And I highly recommend going into town. Lots of cool stuff to see and do.

OP, if you do it, get the private plane flight to Negril. It's awesome, and as you land, the pilot has to honk to get the goats off the runway.
        Wife and I have stayed at Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away. Negril is smaller, the rooms are more hotel type. Swept Away has more to do & the hut style rooms are much better. Both locations are great. But if I had to pick one it would be Swept Away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
          The State department (for what it's worth right now) recommends avoiding travel to Jamaica.
          They always do. We have never had any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechshooter View Post
            Has anyone gone to sandals and couples? It seems like those are the two winners from what I’ve read. I’ve been to a sandals resort already so I’d like to see a first hand comparison if anyone has it
            I don't know if Sandals has any age restrictions or not. One thing we like about Couples is that it's just that & kids aren't allowed.

Comment

Sandals is adult only, they also own Beaches which is their family resort.

Comment

Originally posted by darralld View Post
                Wife and I have stayed at Couples Negril & Couples Swept Away. Negril is smaller, the rooms are more hotel type. Swept Away has more to do & the hut style rooms are much better. Both locations are great. But if I had to pick one it would be Swept Away.
                Yeah but Hedonism isn't just down the street at swept away lol

Seriously though, that's good info. We will go back, but might have to check out swept away. At Negril, we got the best room at the resort, so it was pretty fantastic. But the other rooms are definitely more hotel style.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Yeah but Hedonism isn't just down the street at swept away lol

Seriously though, that's good info. We will go back, but might have to check out swept away. At Negril, we got the best room at the resort, so it was pretty fantastic. But the other rooms are definitely more hotel style.
                  Actually it is! Swept Away & Negril aren't very far apart. You can also do a day swap between the two if you want to check out the one you aren't staying at & compare the two.

Comment

I liked Couples in Negril the best. Went to Sandals over by the airport and it was nice. Also been to Grand Liddo which was nice also. Couples is still my favorite.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X