No announcement yet.

Tree identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kind of looks like wild plumbs, where did you find them? I know of a area there are wild plumbs, I have been going back there every so often to check to see if they have ripe plumbs. Because I want to get some seeds from them and grow some. Every time I go by there, there are no plumbs on them. Years ago, they were covered with plumbs two years in a row that I know of. I don't remember what time of the year, they were ripe.

I just went by the area, I know of today, to check on the plumbs, there were none on the bushes and no sign of plumbs, no blooms, no old plumbs laying on the ground, just the bushes. Been wondering if something has prevented them from growing plumbs, in recent years. I have been checking on them off and on for the last two years, nothing. The area I know of they line the road side for about 200 yards.

Comment

Native Mexican plum ..

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a Mexican plum tree too me

^^^ he beat me too it

Comment

We have crab apple and choke cherry tress that look like that up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoore12 View Post
            I’ll have to take better pics next time I’m out. Looks like maybe a Chickasaw plum
            That’s what I was going to say. Ate some off the trees this weekend.
            I’ve never made jelly. How many plums do you need to make 2 or 3 dozen jars of jelly. They sure were sweet.

Thinking about jellies and putting up fruit always make me thnk of G5 and his wife(was she Huntress).

Comment

Working...
            X