Any truck drivers? Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want to get a class a CDL you should do it this year
    Beginning Jan 2022 you will have to go a formal accredited course to get it vs doing it on your own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      That works both ways.
      18 wheelers driving in the fast lane **** me off.

Most 18 wheeler drivers are pretty considerate.

I’ve had a couple that I’ve wanted to pull over and beat with a tire iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m hauling to Albuquerque now then to Chicago then to California then back to Albuquerque back to dfw you guys can ride w me. Headed up 287 to i40 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
          Been in LE since 1994. Loved it for many years. Won't recommend it now. Actually considered retiring and driving trucks. You convinced me otherwise.

Stupid people give me job security, it's more the political atmosphere that makes me want out.

Stupid 4 wheelers have consequences in my profession.:-)

Sad to say, but burned out in my career. Loved it for many, many years. Ready to be out. Can't be too specific as to why, but it's time.
          I feel sorry for the police in a lot of situations brought on by a small percentage of bad cops etc. I wouldn’t let one persons opinion talk you out of trucking though. Do a lot of research and watch a lot of you tube videos.

I found one today that is local and says they will hire with 3 months experience. That isnt too bad. You are gonna come in contact with a-holes no matter what job you have. A cop has got to be one of the hardest jobs with that. Retail is another. Truckers I am sure see a lot of idiot drivers but you dont have to talk to them like you do in a lot of other jobs.

Rick

Comment

it seems like out here in the oil patch they will hire anyone with a pulse to drive a truck. sand/water haulers mostly. but even the heavy haulers that should know better will take out an overpass once a month.

Comment

Did you ever get your license?

Comment

Working...
              X