This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 160class View Post
    Not really sure who that is, whats he saying?

There have been all kinds of rumors going on the last couple of weeks.
    I think he's an Ag 247 guy. He's saying their will be ramifications on their end and appears to be talking in house.

Comment

I just find it really hard to believe that this is what's best for college sports. College sports are about traditions, regional rivalries, and history. The vast majority of people care way more about rivalries and silly trophies than they do who wins national championship. College football is about to change over greed and pettiness. It's really sad in my opinion. OU, Texas and the SEC are directly responsible and I hope it blows up un their faces. College sports and in particular football is way more exciting and fun to watch when the large numbers of teams are relevant and competitive. We are moving towards nothing more than an NFL minor league system and away from all the history and rivalries. Boring....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        Blow a gasket? You’ve been here about 10 minutes and done nothing but whine, *****, cry, and talk **** about what Texas does….when you aren’t being delusional about about aggy. I replied to it with a “different view”, and this is you “dealing with it”?

I’m not sure this is for you, Francis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Add that to list of posts I'd like you to show me? Where did I whine or "blank" or "blank"? I offered a suggestion about the current situation in college football. I said nothing derogatory or negative about UT. I said it may be a gamble, which I still think it is. I can't tell if y'all are really that arrogant or just overly confident.... Do y'all honestly believe a kid is going to choose UT over Alabama or Oklahoma or Georgia right now for football? Heck no they aren't! If they were then why are you going to the SEC? If y'all come in and get beat up on for a few years it might be really bad for you guys football program! Take the rose colored glasses off for a minute and see it for what it is. I'm not saying this is going to happen or it's a done deal. I'm saying it is a possibility!

On a side note, you threw the fit not me. It happens every time you disagree with someone. Don't believe me? Scroll up!

Comment

I have tried to read most of this- some of you that don't know how to spell Aggie lose credibility with me so I quit reading what you post. That is like a color guy on NFL calling a former A&M football player an "ex-Aggie"...no such thing. Now that I have that off my chest...
          All this chest beating and screaming to the heavens over the tu and OU joining the SEC need to calm down and take a breath....like I tell my wife- worry about the things you can do something about. I really don't care one way or the other but the 'sips couldn't really respectively compete in a conference that doesn't know what defense is all about are going to get their butts handed to them on a weekly basis, at least for awhile. I don't really care to have those Longhorn self-serving, egotistical bastages in the same conference with us and the other SEC schools in a few years will see what we already knew about them. But until then we will just need to saddle up, trust in Jimbo, and whip their butts every year.

Comment

Originally posted by raider19 View Post
            I just find it really hard to believe that this is what's best for college sports. College sports are about traditions, regional rivalries, and history. The vast majority of people care way more about rivalries and silly trophies than they do who wins national championship. College football is about to change over greed and pettiness. It's really sad in my opinion. OU, Texas and the SEC are directly responsible and I hope it blows up un their faces. College sports and in particular football is way more exciting and fun to watch when the large numbers of teams are relevant and competitive. We are moving towards nothing more than an NFL minor league system and away from all the history and rivalries. Boring....
            It's definitely NOT what's best for college sports, but that doesn't matter any more.

What's best for this country is NEVER considered during elections anymore.

What's best for a child's education is NEVER considered by state policy makers anymore.

The right thing, doesn't matter anymore at the highest levels.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              Jimbo sure hasn't.
              got to love those aggies! The jokes pretty much write themselves!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                I think he's an Ag 247 guy. He's saying their will be ramifications on their end and appears to be talking in house.
                Yeah I read a couple of things about someone inside knowing and not telling anyone else about it until the other day, but idk who or how high up they are, but the BOR has scheduled another meeting for Wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  Tarpley saying heads are going to roll. Who's and why?
                  There are rumors that 1 person at A&M knew about it (people are guessing ex-prez Young, and maybe the new president banks), but didn't know it would happen so soon.

The regeants and AD basically want to know who on our side knew about this but didn't share with the rest of the team due to pressure from Sankey.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. The change is in motion, and the minor league NFL super conferences are coming. It's better to be in one, than not, because once they are here and the NIL gets rolling.... everyone on the outside of the conferences are ****ED. The talent will be pouring into the SEC mega conference for the talent and money

Comment

Aggy logic:

Joining the SEC was the best thing ever. More money, facility improvements and recruiting has improved to never before levels. It ain't like it used to be.

Texas is taking a gamble joining the SEC. It could be the final nail in the coffin of a floundering football program becsuse there are homeless people in Austin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                        Jimbo sure hasn't.
                        That was my point. We’re all playing for 2nd anyways Boys. Saban is the Man

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Aggy logic:

Joining the SEC was the best thing ever. More money, facility improvements and recruiting has improved to never before levels. It ain't like it used to be.

Texas is taking a gamble joining the SEC. It could be the final nail in the coffin of a floundering football program becsuse there are homeless people in Austin.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          I think what some of them are trying to say is that Texas already has money, they already have facilities, they already have talent yet they can't win in the big 12 so what makes you think they will win in the SEC?

Pointing towards a more administration / culture / coaching issue than a money, facilities, talent, issue (which is what we were mainly lacking before the SEC move)

Comment

$$$

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                              That was my point. We’re all playing for 2nd anyways Boys. Saban is the Man
                              He can't live forever, can he?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                                I think what some of them are trying to say is that Texas already has money, they already have facilities, they already have talent yet they can't win in the big 12 so what makes you think they will win in the SEC?

Pointing towards a more administration / culture / coaching issue than a money, facilities, talent, issue (which is what we were mainly lacking before the SEC move)
                                I can see where some are coming from, they likely haven't watched Texas **** games away with the last two staffs either. Regardless, they'll hit sooner or later, maybe, just maybe...Sark is the guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X