This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
    The deal is done, by all accounts. Pac shat the bed, B1G showed poor leadership this past season. Had there been a reason to go elsewhere I’m sure they’d listen, but that’s no longer in the cards.

They’ve chosen their landing spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Maybe the case but I bet there's some serious offers coming into Norman today!!

Comment

Originally posted by c3products20 View Post
      You sips keep talking about all this talent UT has been picking up over the past 10 years. What happened to them while they've been at UT? Y'all admit to being terrible over the past decade but keep saying how awesome your recruits are? Doesn't make any sense to me....

And you ags keep saying **** like “it ain’t like it used to be”, and that you’re going to win something, at some point… But here we are and it’s just like it always was, and you still haven’t won **** in 8 decades. And given all of that, you still have the gall to talk **** about others…it’s lame, and it’s exhausting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe the case but I bet there's some serious offers coming into Norman today!!

You don’t seem to get it. The deal was done before it leaked, it’s all timelines from here out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
          And you ags keep saying **** like “it ain’t like it used to be”, and that you’re going to win something, at some point… But here we are and it’s just like it always was, and you still haven’t won **** in 8 decades. And given all of that, you still have the gall to talk **** about others…it’s lame, and it’s exhausting.

Thanks for saving me the typing D-Mo .....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Show me one of my posts where I said we were going to WIN IT ALL or how much better we are than UT. This is a discussion board where people come to discuss things. It just so happens that people have different views and different opinions. I'm sorry we can't all have the perfect view of life and know how everything football works like the great Dale Moser...... There's a button you can click that says ignore...... If you can't deal with another persons point of view or opinion without blowing a gasket. I would suggest you use that button, more often. Soon you will have a close knit group of people, about 4 or 5 in all. These people will say everything you wan't to hear!! Then you won't have to worry about your blood pressure anymore!!
            Last edited by c3products20; 07-26-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
              Thanks for saving me the typing D-Mo .....
              Sorry I forgot you've only been on here for 65 years telling people how dumb they are.... Is Dale your son or nephew or something? Y'all are like a bunch of high school girls teaming up on the new girl who wears her hair a little different than everybody else.....

Comment

Sorry I forgot you've only been on here for 65 years telling people how dumb they are.... Is Dale your son or nephew or something? Y'all are like a bunch of high school girls teaming up on the new girl who wears her hair a little different than everybody else.....

**** son...... Dale triggered you good.

Comment

**** son...... Dale triggered you good.
                  Not really.

Comment

Not really.

I can tell..it shows...

Comment

This went sideways............again.............

Comment

I can tell..it shows...
                        You shouldn't think so highly of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Grew up in Waco. No one hated them. The locals support them now. From 75-84 Baylor was a bigger threat than the Aggies for Texas.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          Baylor has been hated with a passion ever since Ann Richards got them in the Big 12 and other schools didn’t. The locals definitely support them better than they used to.

Comment

A&M is winning.
                            Texas isn't going to come in and start winning SEC championships right away, but the idea that they can't come in and attain A&M's level of mediocrity in the SEC is just a really bad take.

One of A&M's problems as a program is that they don't understand what winning means.

Let's break this down into Tiers of Relevance as they make for easy comparisons. These tiers are from the perspective of major college programs that have a talent advantage in 70-80% of the games they play.

Tier 1. Winning: Tier 1 is winning conference championships and national championships.

Tier 2. Contending: The next level down is consistently playing in conference championship games and the New Years Six bowl games.

Tier 3. Treading Water - The next level is not sucking. This is the top 40% of bowl teams that have a reasonable chance to win their bowl game and aren't in the above tiers.

Tier 4: Sucking - everyone else. Bottom tier bowl teams as well as those that just suck consistently.

A&M, for all of their positive program trajectory, hasn't won anything. If you want to make the argument that A&M is currently a little better than Texas, fine. I won't argue with that because the difference is so small that it doesn't matter. Neither of them are contenders. They are both in Tier 3. They are both on an upward trajectory that has the same angle, though the Aggies are a little higher on the graph.

A&M is punching their weight so far in the SEC. They are an also ran. In a year where really weird **** happens, like Johnny Manziel or COVID, they put up a good, but not really contending record. They have maybe two wins against SEC teams that were more talented than they are. They have not yet aggregated enough talent or have enough of a coaching advantage to really challenge the big boys yet. The biggest things they have going for them is stability in the coaching staff and SEC! SEC! SEC!

Jimbo is a very good recruiter and a very sound coach. Offensively, he sets the floor for performance relatively high, but doesn't really give you a high ceiling in the current offensive era of college football. He can certainly milk the most out of poor talent, but I don't think he can make good talent into great offense. He seems like a genuinely good dude.

He is a lot like Mack Brown. He is 80% of Mack as a recruiter and 120% of Mack as an offensive coordinator. I haven't seen enough Aggie football to know how he is at game planning, in game adjustments, or game day coaching, but I'd bet their strengths and weaknesses mostly balance there.

Texas hasn't had any of that steadiness. Tom Herman was a polarizing dude and had both ups and downs in all of the above aspects of coaching. His most consistent attribute was being wildly inconsistent. But, he took a roster that was horrible beyond imagination when Strong left and turned it into a pretty deep roster in most positions. It is lacking in top end talent in some places, but Herman's regime did an amazing job of finding under recruited options to fill holes.

So, maybe Sark is the guy that can give Texas that consistency and maybe he isn't, but A&M doesn't have a talent advantage over Texas. With this staff, I don't think that A&M has a coaching advantage outside of head coach experience and overall stability.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                              In other news, Vanderbilt is stoked to no longer be the worst team in the SEC.

Comment

So the coaching staff can be terrible but recruit good players? Y'all are confusing. I didn't know you could have one without the other..... Thought it was all part of the package! Maybe your recruits weren't as good as you thought..... Or maybe, the coaches weren't able to do their job because of outside pressure from all those rich donors.... If it's been 100% bad coaching, in the Big 12, y'all are in trouble....
                                You are dense dude. Whats new from an Aggy fan though.

Comment

Working...
                                X